1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who hath heard such a thing?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Apr 16, 2011.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sub title Who hath seen such things?

Christ: Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day?
    There shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, [and] curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut [the womb]? saith thy God. Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the birth pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. But God raised him from the dead: Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit. And that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

The Church that will be born into the kingdom of God: Shall a nation be born at once?
    But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. For as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. And that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Christ and his brethren:
    For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Title and sub: Isa.66:8
    Christ: Isa. 66:8 Matt. 12:39,40 Ps. 139:15 Isa. 66:9 Acts 2:24 Acts 2:31 Acts 13:30 1 Cor. 15:46 Col. 1:18 1 Cor. 15:45 John 3:7
    Church: Heb. 12:22,23 Gal. 4:26 John 3:6 1 Cor.15:50 John 3:3 Isa. 66:8 1 Cor. 15:49 1 Cor. 15:52
    John 3:7
    Both: Romans 8:29 1 John 3:2

Born Again? The real title.