1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who here thinks babies go to heaven ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by RightFromWrong, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellent book which every Christian should read. Then they might have a better understand of basic foundational theology.

This book explains Gods perfect plan from beginning to end, it is very easy read for those who need it.

http://www.bookschristian.com/sys/product.php?PRODUCT=60035

only $9.00

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

RFW, please don't tell me I don't get it. You've said this before to me. I do get it. I was not asking about Muslim or Buddhist babies because there is no such thing. Babies don't have belief systems. I was asking JohnV a question and he knew what I meant.

I am pretty much in agreement with you on the above.

3. I know Marcia, I was just being silly, just in case I get that from someone else.

Muslim babies and such, I can see it now LOL

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

What scientific fact? There is a scientific fact that sin is in the blood?

Jesus was born of the HS but also of man's flesh. He had Mary's blood through the placenta in her womb. He had human flesh. He had to be born as one of us in order to atone for our sins (see Hebrews 2). Of course, he had no sin nature because he is also God.

(Sorry, not time to take out the footnote marks.)

Please note verse 14. Jesus had human flesh and human blood.

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

JohnV, I put your response in the thread on Jesus as the only way in the General Baptist Forum.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was not necessary that Christ be born of a virgin to be sinless. His virgin birth was a sign. At least that's what the Scriptures state.

Sin is not "something" that is passed down from the male donor. It's actually the LACK of something, and that is spiritual life. It can't be given by either the male or the female.

7. You know Marcia I may be wrong on this one since this is basically what I was taught. Here I found my resource in my BASIC BIBLE STUDY booklet I had received 18 years ago from our Pastor. Here is what he wrote, and his having a doctorates degree and such I took his word for it. I also had read it somewhere else so I assumed it was true. It may still be true, haven't seen the book he refers to.

Booklet says

Talking about THE TRINITY " The Person Of Christ "

VIRGIN BORN. needed since he was Holy and no SIN of man to be in him. Had he been born of man he would have mans blood and hence sinful nature; also would not be God.

1) According to M.D.'s the blood of the mother never touches a child, but we get the BLOOD passed down by MAN. ( See " Chemistry of the Blood " By Dr. M. R. DeHann. )

2) The Holy Spirit planted the seed in Mary and overcame any influence she might have had. LUKE 1:34-35.

8. If what this Pastor says is true which I believe it is or he wouldn't have said it. Then one aught to be able to find this out other ways.

Aaron your theology is WRONG, of course Jesus had to be born of a Virgin in order to NOT have a sin nature. Where do you get this stuff ? :confused: :confused:

9. I think this is proof enough folks ! This is taken from the article above.

Some might question how that Jesus could be born of God and born of Mary without having His blood tainted by the blood of Mary.

But remember, we get our blood from our father, not our mother!

Again in Dr. M.R. DeHaan’s book The Chemistry of the Blood, I quote from page 31: “It is unnecessary that a single drop of blood be given to the developing embryo in the womb of the mother. Such is the case according to scientists. The mother provides the foetus (the unborn developing infant) with nutritive elements for the building of that little body in the secret of her womb, but all the blood which forms in it is formed by the embryo itself. From the time of conception to the time of birth of the infant not ONE SINGLE DROP OF BLOOD ever passes from mother to child. The placenta, that mass of temporary tissue known better as ‘afterbirth,’ forming the link between mother and child, is so constructed that although all the soluble nutritive elements such as proteins, fats, carbohydrates, salts, minerals and even antibodies pass freely from mother to child and the waste products of the child’s metabolism are passed back to the mother’s circulation, no actual interchange of a single drop of blood ever occurs normally. All the blood which is in that child is produced within the child itself. The mother contributes no blood at all.”

10. ituttut

ituttut New Member

What scientific fact? There is a scientific fact that sin is in the blood?

Jesus was born of the HS but also of man's flesh. He had Mary's blood through the placenta in her womb. He had human flesh. He had to be born as one of us in order to atone for our sins (see Hebrews 2). Of course, he had no sin nature because he is also God.

(Sorry, not time to take out the footnote marks.)

Please note verse 14. Jesus had human flesh and human blood.
    </font>[/QUOTE]The woman feeds the baby. She does not provide the blood.

11. ituttut Obviously thas was evident in MY last three post. You wrote after the fact :rolleyes:

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the Bible, of course. The Bible says the virgin birth was a sign, not a necessity:

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Mat 1:22-23 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

But a little correction to your biology lesson is in order. The blood in the infant is neither the mother's nor the father's, it's the infant's, and both mother and father contribute information for it's construction in the embryo.

http://www.biology.arizona.edu/human_bio/problem_sets/blood_types/inherited.html

Now, where in the Bible do you get that it's the father that "passes" sin on to his progeny?

Biological and Theological Offenses of DeHaan: Statements presented as fact with no Scriptural or Scientific basis:</font>
    • When man sinned in the garden, something happened to his blood!</font>
    • And that problem with the blood passed from Adam to all of his children! We get our blood from our father, who got it from his father. . .!</font>
    • Christ’s Blood Was Divine Blood!–It Came From The Holy Spirit!</font>
    DeHaan's deal reads like Greek mythology.

13. So Aaron YOU are going to argue with the DOCTOR above ? Man you are proud !

THE DOCTOR WRITES

But remember, we get our blood from our father, not our mother!

Again in Dr. M.R. DeHaan’s book The Chemistry of the Blood, I quote from page 31: “It is unnecessary that a single drop of blood be given to the developing embryo in the womb of the mother. Such is the case according to scientists. The mother provides the foetus (the unborn developing infant) with nutritive elements for the building of that little body in the secret of her womb, but all the blood which forms in it is formed by the embryo itself. From the time of conception to the time of birth of the infant not ONE SINGLE DROP OF BLOOD ever passes from mother to child. The placenta, that mass of temporary tissue known better as ‘afterbirth,’ forming the link between mother and child, is so constructed that although all the soluble nutritive elements such as proteins, fats, carbohydrates, salts, minerals and even antibodies pass freely from mother to child and the waste products of the child’s metabolism are passed back to the mother’s circulation, no actual interchange of a single drop of blood ever occurs normally. All the blood which is in that child is produced within the child itself. The mother contributes no blood at all.”

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The DOCTOR in that paragraph didn't say the blood comes from the father. It just says no blood came from the mother.

Besides, he's off in goofy land thinking that there was "divine" blood in Christ's veins. Tell me, did the blood cells that stained the whips and the tip of the spear ever decay, or are they still in perfect form mixed up somewhere in the soil of the earth?

15. Aaron we are looking the dna thing I am assuming the SPERM carries the Blood and when mixed with the egg gets the blood type, while still retaining the ORIGINAL Blood from the father.

Still doesn't change the fact JESUS HAD to be born of a VIRGIN in order to not pass on ADAMS SIN NATURE ! Thats is basic Christian theology !

16. Aaron you have trouble with God doing MIRACLES

Dr. DeHaan is the author of THE DAILY BREAD ever heard of it ?

Yeah HE is the goofy one :rolleyes:

17. Petrel

Petrel New Member

No, our blood does not come from sperm! The egg cell provides 22 somatic chromosomes, one X chromosome, and the zygote's first mitochondria. The sperm cell provides 22 somatic chromosomes and either an X chromosome or a Y chromosome. The zygote divides and slowly develops until it begins to make its own blood.

Additionally, cells do manage to cross the placenta. Mothers of boys often have cells with Y chromosomes in their bodies that come from their unborn sons. I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if maternal cells cross the placenta to the unborn child as well.

18. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Petrel, I do think you are right about that, too.

The baby's blood is never intermingled completely with mom's, in that she doesn't manufacture it or add to the baby's blood supply. The baby is making its own blood.
    And if the baby did retain some of Dad's original blood, than half of my kids would be allergic to their own blood, because my husband and I have a minor blood incompatability. Im "allergic" to three of my kids! ooops!

Ive also been taught that Jesus had to be born of a virgin in order to not have a sin nature, but I remember it always being taught as conjecture.....a possibility for why God chose to have it be a virgin birth. But I've never seen it stated that way in the Bible.

19. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Sperm doesn't contain hardly anything except DNA. Of course, DNA is very important. It is the pattern for the life to come, the blueprint for the construction of a living being.

The mother provides an equal share of DNA. Both parents contribute equal information about how to make blood. The embryo makes its own blood from the food provided by the mother's body.

The mother uniquely contribues a loop of DNA that sits outside the cell nucleous proper, the mitochondrial dna, the father contributes none of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.