1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who is ACCOUNTABLE to God for your life?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Nov 1, 2015.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For it is written, "AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD." So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God. Romans 14:12

Recently, I have been going back and forth with several members about who is right and who is wrong when it comes to scripture and our personal understanding of said scripture, especially when the scripture concerns our walk, witness and what we profess and teach to others!

I do not believe, that when it comes down to the final judgement of mankind, especially the individual judgement, each of us is destined to face, that anyone else can be accountable for any errors or mistakes I may or may not make in understanding or applying scripture to my life! Nevertheless, we as a body continue to argue the scriptural points we hold as if they are the end-all of everything another person will face!

It is my belief that no one can actually be held accountable for another person's rights or wrongs, so why is it that some folks like to fight until they become down right nasty, simply because they are convinced the other people are dead wrong, and they are dead right? I think it is admirable that another person is willing to point out the errors in anothers theology or doctrines, but when it comes right down to it, what we hold as true, is really between us and God, and not the responsibly of another to take up the cross and try to beat another into spiritual submission simply because they think the other person is in error and misunderstanding what they hold to be true!

My question is this: Is it not really between you and God what you will be judged on at the Judgment of the Saved (as written about in 1 Cor. 3:10-23, 2 Cor. 5:10-11)? I believe many call it the BEMA Seat Judgment, or the place where rewards are given to the saved and the faithful!

When the rubber hits the road, so to speak, it is the individual who will be judged upon their works. If they were right or wrong about the things they believed, practiced and even taught others, it comes down between them and their God, and it is no one else s business! In other words, thanks for the advice, but I have heard something different from God and this is what I will have to answer to Him for!

So, WHO IS EVENTUALLY ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR LIFE BEFORE GOD AT THE BEMA SEAT JUDGEMENT?

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amazing statement.

Is not a Pastor responsible to his Flock for what he teaches them?

The problem with bad doctrine is that it begets bad doctrine.

3. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RD2..., if I understand you correctly.

There are no less than 21 specific scriptural references to "individualism" within the Bible. One particular is as follows. "For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ." (1 Cor 12:12)

I really don't believe our Lord intended to have a following of robots. He created each and everyone of us as individuals with different emotions, needs, likes, dislikes, etc.

Personally, I've do not hold fast to the belief that one can lose their salvation. I see no need to speak in tongues. Or confess anything to a priest. Attending church from Friday evening until Saturday evening is a bummer, to me. Handling snakes? ...you must be kidding and the list of differing belief's and doctrines go on Ad Nauseam. What we are required to do is the emphasizing of God Grace through Jesus. The rest will take care of itself..., in my opinion.

If HolyJoe needs to believe that he can lose his salvation then so be it. Who am I to tell him otherwise? Or, if one believes they need to speak in tongues, again, who am I to tell him otherwise. Now, if one who holds differing belief's than I do asks then I will do my best to explain why I believe the way I do.

To jump up in another's space and accuse them of being "wrong" because of their personal opinion on any matter..., they are only making fools of themselves. If you have been given the gift of "shoveling snow" for the elderly in their neighborhood who am I to tell them they must move to Florida? That would be like me insinuating that because of where you live you must be a bleeding heart, cry baby liberal when in fact, you live where you do because you can't get out and go elsewhere.

Some people need to attend a church where they have speakers the size of VW's with people jumping pews and sashaying in the isle while I need a little bit more conservative atmosphere. In the end, the Lord will work it out.

During the tribulation days those who are left behind after the rapture due to the error of their ways will come to grips with their error(s) and take an appropriate stand. Where is this "multitude" of souls to come from if they aren't converted from the error of their ways during the era of grace?

I personally believe that anyone, anywhere, who finds it necessary to point an accusing finger at another declaring they are right and you are wrong is in need of some serious soul searching and otherwise not worth the time. You kick the dirt off your shoes and move on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know about you but I was judged at the cross... Jesus Christ took my sins and all the sins his Father gave him and nailed to his cross... I come from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of him that sent me, and this is the Fathers will that has sent me of all the Father has given me "I SHALL LOSE NOTHING"... but raise it up again at the last day!... You speak about an era of grace that was it!... Gathered around the Great White Throne is a mulitude no man can number of the redeemed of God as the sand of the sea and the stars of the sky... God looks through the work and sacrifice of his Son to us... The Sovereign Grace of Almighty God... Brother Glen

• Like Like x 2
  5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

6. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Certainly a pastor - or any teacher of the church - is responsible for what they teach. But they are not responsible for how it is received, if it is received at all. The hearers are responsible for themselves.

We also need to consider that this "teaching" does not just involve doctrine. In fact, I am convinced we learn more from Christian leaders by how they act than what they say. If you have a pastor who is highly critical of others and shows "grace" only when people fall in line, he or she is teaching evil.

That is why we need to be careful here on BaptistBoard. Each one of us is a leader/teacher of sorts. We need to have an eternal perspective on what we say and the attitudes we have toward others. Those attitudes are contagious.

I am at another crossroads as to whether or not I should remain here. There are some who bring out the worst in me, the attitudes that are still not fully transformed by the work of the Holy Spirit.

We need to be mindful of what we say and do.

• Like Like x 1
  7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like you brother ... I am feeling more and more disgusted with the "better-than-thou"crowd. If this was a church, I do believe it would be very small, because visitors would get tired of being told everything they believed was wrong in that it failed to add up to the views of the Pharisees trying to.run the place.

I am at a similar crossroad, I love the board but get tired of the snarkiness of many who like to "take me to task" because they like me but feel my spirituality needs a make over. I am praying whether to stick around or find something more beneficial and spiritually productive to be a part of.

I'll pray for your dilemma.

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I loved your opening statement .... it was awesome, and like you, I was judged and forgiven there too. In fact your comment took me back to that old hymn, "At the cross."