1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who is the antichrist?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by GODzThunder, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The last Pope Paul died in 1978. I think you mean Pope John Paul...

Yours in Christ

Matt

2. neopallium

neopallium New Member

The(A) Pope will be the Anti Christ.

What other religion besides Judaism has the political resources?

Historically, the Popes have been pro democracy, pro communist, pro France, pro English, pro German, et. you get the picture. With each shift in world power, the Vatican shifts alliances to favor it's position.

What other religious leader gets national headlines when they get a cold or the flu?

The Pope already has a captive audience, Catholic, Christian and pagan alike.

The Pope already declares to be Christ on earth. A few "miracles" later?

What other religion has kept the truth of Christ's salvation from such large masses yet declared to be "Christian." AKA a sprinkle as a child and your saved.

3. mioque

mioque New Member

"What other religion besides Judaism has the political resources?"
    "
    Several branches of Islam, American Evangelical Christianity and Buddhism to name a few.

"What other religious leader gets national headlines when they get a cold or the flu?"
    "
    The Dalai Lama.

4. Brandon Tallman

Brandon Tallman New Member

I beleive its probably Bill O Riley or Hillory Clinton or Elton John!!

5. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

mioque;
    Thanks for your refreshing "european" insight on this subject.
    Do you think that Muslims will come under the "banner" of the AC or not? I frankly do not see it happening. This is why I see them as being the "producer" of the AC. The RCC "papa" might be the false prophet, but I think the AC will be the "promised one" that all three religions, (jew included) expect, and he will come out of Islam. It is more to the nature of Isalm to impose, "convert or die" theology.
    What say ye ?
    On the other hand, the butchers who are beheading folks these days, though they be "muslim"; they are mild in comparison to the RCC Inquisitions.
    So who can say for sure? It is interesting to speculate. But I would not hang my hat definitely on any theory.

In HIS service;
    Jim

6. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

You seem to believe the Antichrist will use a "convert or die" method of forcing people to follow him, as I said before, I believe the Antichrst will come out of the American church (little "c") and will know the Scriptures, will appear on TBN and be featured on the cover of many Christian magazines, he will be able to "perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible". He won't need to force people to follow him, as the majority who fill up the churches in America, who are on the "wide road", will be more than happy to follow him as he works to unite the worlds religions and spread peace around the world.

7. mioque

mioque New Member

Jim
    "Do you think that Muslims will come under the "banner" of the AC or not?"
    "
    Islam has it's own endtime expectations, prominently figuring a person called the Mahdi. Al Mahdi (the guided one), will materialize when Islam is severely oppressed in every corner of the world.  He will fight the oppressors, unite the Moslims, bring peace and justice to the world, rule over the Arabs, and lead a prayer in Mekkah at which Isa(that's Jezus) will be present. I would say that Al Mahdi would be the perfect guise for the Antichrist.

"they are mild in comparison to the RCC Inquisitions."
    "
    The evils of the inquisitions are traditionally very overstated.
    Not to long ago I published an article about the witchhunts in Spain. The secular courts there were the ones out for blood, the dreaded Spanish Inquisition on the other hand was desperately trying to stop the whole thing. In the end the Inquisitors got their wish saving thousands of lifes.
    A lot of the atrocities pinned on the various inquisitions either, never took place, or were committed by others, often by local governments at a time of crisis when there was no oversight by people higher up the chain of command.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah yes, dear old Tommy Torquemada had a quite a resume of "saving thousands of lives"
    Found on line in the public domain at:

http://www.ku.edu/carrie/texts/carrie_books/longhurst2/07.html

Read the whole eBook if you can stomach it.

Bartholomew Day Massacre:
    Waldenses Massacres immortalized by John Milton (1608-74):

On the Late Massacre in Piedmont

Avenge, O Lord, thy slaughtered saints, whose bones
    Lie scattered on the Alpine mountains cold;
    Even them who kept thy truth so pure of old,
    When all our fathers worshiped stocks and stones,
    Forget not: in thy book record their groans
    Who were thy sheep, and in their ancient fold
    Slain by the bloody Piedmontese, that rolled
    Mother with infant down the rocks. Their moans
    The vales redoubled to the hills, and they
    To heaven. Their martyred blood and ashes sow
    O'er all the Italian fields, where still doth sway
    The triple Tyrant; that from these may grow
    A hundredfold, who, having learnt thy way,
    Early may fly the Babylonian woe.

http://www.reformedreader.org/history/wylie/ch13.htm

Yes these atrocities are now all in the past (the last of the castrati died in mid 1800's) and the Church of Rome in her own way is working toward some measure of reform, but these memories will never be erased or forgotten until God Himself avenges them and wipes away the tears of the martyrs of Jesus.

http://www.reformed.org/books/fox/fox_martyrs.html

HankD (former son of The Church)

9. mioque

mioque New Member

HankD
    I said that Spanish inquisition stopped the witchhunts in Spain, which they did, that their evil deeds were exagerated in reporting of which Fox's book of martyrs is a striking example and that they got blamed for things done by others like the saint Bartholomew Day Massacre*.
    I did not say that they were nice guys, or that they worked for a nice denomination...

Julie Canoy (churchhistorian whose specialty happens to be Roman Catholicism)

*Interesting detail, because of that act of genocide some of my ancestors fled to the Netherlands.

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, Foxe's Book of Martyrs consists of several volumes (currently 8) and thousands of pages because all is documented and contained in the several volumes. The Church of Rome has always seen to it that when mistakes and/or exaggerations have been made in subsequent updates that the publishers correct the same. As one would expect (regardless of it's trustworthiness) the Church of Rome will never be happy while it exists.

HankD

[ February 08, 2005, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: HankD ]

11. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I have also heard this same thing. We once had a preacher who was convinced that the pope would be the false prophet. He had various reasons that he fit the false prophet better than the anti-christ.

It certainly won't be this pope, unless he suddenly gets young and rises from the almost dead. Last Sunday he did good to raise his right arm to give the crowd one "blessing". I certainly hope the man is saved.

12. richard n koustas

richard n koustas New Member

I don't think the (a) pope will be the anitchrist. I think he will be Jewish based on:

Dan 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers , nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

I also think that he will have some kind of connection to the old Roman empire, like robycop3 said above.

13. mioque

mioque New Member

Hank
    "The Church of Rome has always seen to it that when mistakes and/or exaggerations have been made in subsequent updates that the publishers correct the same."
    "
    Right... just like the RCC got the publisher's to correct later printings of the 2 Babylons, the awfull disclosures of Maria Monk and 50 years in the Church of Rome.
    :rolleyes:

14. mioque

mioque New Member

Phillip
    "We once had a preacher who was convinced that the pope would be the false prophet."
    "
    The office of pope would be very usefull for the false prophet.

richard n koustas
    An alternative and viable translation of Dan 11:37 could be: "the GodS of his fathers".
    Islam also has connection to both Abraham and the Roman Empire.

15. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Re the OP: Johnny Rotten, isn't it (opening line to 'Anarchy in the UK')? Or is it Marilyn Manson? Oh. This is a serious discussion.

I'll get me coat. [​IMG]

Yours in Christ

Matt

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is your point mioque? Are you adding an ironic flavor?

Perhaps I was unclear. I was speaking specifically of the Book of Martyrs, it was not a general statement. The Church of Rome seems to have a love/hate relationship with this book.

HankD

17. mioque

mioque New Member

Hank
    "I was speaking specifically of the Book of Martyrs"
    "
    I know and I replied that I didn't believe you.

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OH, OK.

What part didn't you believe? Did you read the blurb I included from the Catholic Encyclopedia?

HankD

19. mioque

mioque New Member

HankD
    "What part didn't you believe?"
    "
    The part where you claimed that the RCC pressure got parts of the book of martyrs to be rewritten.
    Fox received heavy criticism from Puritans and Anglicans as well. These were the critiques that caused some parts to be rewritten.

20. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Then I would suppose that most Pentecostals are not the elect since they are sure fooled by what passes for theology on TBN. [​IMG]

Click on this site for a picture of the now unemployed anti-Christ:

http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/PlayerBiography.asp?ID=4967

O.K., maybe he's a distant cousin.