1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who is the first Israeli?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by agedman, Jul 21, 2012.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The more generic qualifier "Hebrew" should be used of Abraham:

Genesis 14:13 And there came one that had escaped, and told Abram the Hebrew; for he dwelt in the plain of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner: and these were confederate with Abram.​

"Jew" (From 'Yuhudah') which some already pointed out came to be used of those of the two southern tribes of those Hebrews of Judah and Benjamin and then later applied to any Israelite.​

Joseph was also called a Hebrew.

Genesis 41:12 And there was there with us a young man, an Hebrew, servant to the captain of the guard; and we told him, and he interpreted to us our dreams; to each man according to his dream he did interpret.​

Jonah
    Jonah 1:9 And he said unto them, I am an Hebrew; and I fear the LORD, the God of heaven, which hath made the sea and the dry land.​

All Israel:​

Exodus 9:13 And the LORD said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me.​

HankD ​

#21 HankD, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Didn't say that! Didn't say that at all!

I believe he was the first man, a creation of God. I believe he rebelled against God and so brought sin and death to the human race!