1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who is the Serpents Seed/Offspring !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Gen 3:14-15

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent,[The Devil] Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee[The Serpent] and the woman, and between thy[Serpent] seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Many have ignored this very important passage of scripture, which informs us that their is amongst mankind, a race of people which belong to the devil Jn 8:44

44 Ye are of your father the devil[serpent], and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

No, this is not advocating that the devil or the serpent had any sexual relations with Eve, thats not even possible, but its human beings like you and i, born of male and female parentage like you and i, the difference being all these human beings belong to the devil, they are his spiritual descendants by the Judgment of God.

Now they the serpents seed, is everyone who was not originally created in Adam, in the Image and Likeness of God Gen 1:26

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

and consequently shall never through redemption, be conformed to the Image of Christ Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

All who were created in Adam, in the Image and Likeness of God, were created according to God's Eternal Purpose in Jesus Christ Eph 3:9-11

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Which purpose predestinated them to be conformed to the Image of Christ, who is the Grand Original *of the Image of God 2 Cor 4:4

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

And so if all whom were created in Adam, don't be confirmed into the conformity to the Image of Christ, who is the Image of God, then satan has defeated God's Creative Purpose for man in Adam, when Created in the Image and Likeness of God !

The only ones not to be conformed to Christ's Image, the Image of God, are the serpents seed, for they were never the Seed of Christ, they were added to Adam's Natural Headship because of transgression, but it was not so with them in the very beginning !

2. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What he is advocating is very close.

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Oh no he caught it, just evaded it, so he can misrepresent what I actually stated !

6. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, mon ami, I honestly did not see that. My apologies for my faux pas.

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it?

Your thoughts on this?:

36 Then he left the multitudes, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Explain unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
    37 And he answered and said, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
    38 and the field is the world; and the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are the sons of the evil one;
    39 and the enemy that sowed them is the devil: and the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are angels. Mt 13

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Thats a good passage, we see from it that the devil somehow is responsible for the sowing of the tares, his children ! I t probably had something to do with deception of Eve, but it was not anything sexual, but whatever it was it constituted that now Adam and Eve would physically bring his offspring into the word, like cain was 1 Jn 3:12

12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

And we know that cain came about by Adam and Eve having a normal sexual relation Gen 4:1

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

But God declared him a child of the wicked one ! I believe it means that he was never one to be conformed to the image of Christ because he belonged to the devil, not to Christ !

Remember the good seed was first sown by who ? Matt 13:37

37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

Thats Adam and man in him being made in the Image and Likeness of God Gen 1:26, thats the good seed !

9. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just for clarity. Was the wicked of Cain's lineage?

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

If you want clarity, then show me that you have understood the points I have already made. As you review these points, what I stated will have more clarity !

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol SBM, you're as predictable as the sun coming up in the east and going down in the west. Why won't you answer his question? I'd kinda like to know myself.

#11 kyredneck, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
  12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The question is a diversion from the points I made ! If you want to go the same route as he did with that question, then please review with me the points I have already made ! My point was that satan or the serpent had a seed by the declaration of God Gen 3:14-15, now you want me to explain if they are from cain ! I already stated that cain was out of the serpent 1 Jn 3:12, so why arent the rest of his offspring the same !

Now, if you guys would have read my statements, that question would be answered already ! Next time be prepared to review my points with me, then ask questions as you acknowledge the points I have already made !

13. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Brother KY,

That scripture you gave above about the sowing of the seed and the one in Genesis that SavedbyMercy gave clearly teach there are two seeds, however like SavedbyMercy, I agree Satan did not have intercourse with Eve as Elder Parker may have believed. The doctrine of the two seeds, though the truth, is rarely taught these days in churches. In relation to the elect, Christ's seed being in him before the foundation of the world is related to the doctrine of eternal vital union.

Other scripture besides the one in Genesis and the parable of the sower shows that there are two seeds, "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do...." (John 8:44). This shows the seed of Satan, i.e. the seed of the nonelect. The seed of the elect is seen in 1 Peter 1:23, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible..." Both the doctrine of eternal vital union and the two seeds is not only not preached on very much anymore and unfortunately I would even venture to say not even known by most Christians these days as to what it is (if they have even heard of it).

#13 BrotherJoseph, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
  14. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Good post on the two seeds brother.

15. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh Lordy, here we go again. I asked for clarity because I am not sure where you are coming from. Nevermind. Good day, sir.

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Clarity is there if you would not be evasive of it!

17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, that was good for David and still is good for us.
    Since Jesus Christ came into the world through Resurrection from the dead, again, who can meditate upon God's Law but to meditate upon HIM, God's Eternal, Word-of-Law of Eternal, LIFE spoken once forever, and eternally, in Him by Himself?!

Or do you find CONFLICT AND CONTRARINESS in place of fulfillment and fullness in God’s Law before and after Jesus Christ had raised from death and grave?

18. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh? Whaaaa? :confused: What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

19. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And yet many have asked you for clarification on your postings. I'll leave you to your own devices. I'll leave you with the last word, mon ami. Good day sir.

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Clarity is there if you would not be evasive of it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.