1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who is the Serpents Seed/Offspring !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Ok since you can't be honest and truthful, we may as well end this going back and forth!

2. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is your fault, mon ami. I have borderline begged you for some clarity, and you flatly refused to do so. This is what I have gleaned from your postings.

If I have misrepresented you, show me where I did. And do not tell me to review your posts again. I have and these were the conclusions I derived from them.

Cain was made in the image of God, whether you like it or not. :tongue3:

3. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Monsieur, it is not my desire to misrepresent you. I noticed you were modifying your ignore list, so hopefully someone will quote this for you to read.

I had to go on the info you posted because I repeatedly seeked clarity from you, and you refused to do so. If I misrepresented you, I am sorry. But I could only debate what you posted. That which you posted was not very clear to me. So, I had to go with what I thought you posted. I meant no malice, just clarity from you, and you refused. Good day, sir.

ETA: Guys, have I misrepresented savedbymercy? If so, where? I honestly want to know.

#63 SovereignGrace, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
  4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't even get him to respond to my last post....

5. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don, this is what I was debating him on, as this seems to be the thrust of his argument.

If the serpent's seed was not originally created in Adam, then who? If Cain, then that is what the two seedism doctrine advocates. He seems to advocate this, minus Eve and the Serpent having intercourse. But I could not get an clarity from him. I have to go on the info he has provided.

6. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The thread title is Who is the Serpent's Seed/Offspring.

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But SG, you didn't let him finish.... :)

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Folks in the OP i posted a conversation that God had with Three Entities Gen 3:14-15, and He said that who had a Seed in that conversation ? Does it say anything about cain having a seed ?

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yes you did it is a shame he/she is dodging the question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The last verse of Genesis 2: And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

My questions? Was the woman taken from the man to be the (help meet, see Heb. 13:6 The Lord my helper [help meet] through her seed? That is in bringing forth the Christ?

Eve said concerning Cain? I have gotten a man from the LORD.

Did she?

I find the following verses concerning the birth of Jesus, the Christ very interesting relative to the story of Adam and Eve.

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS. Matt 1:24,25

And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
    Satan the serpent then spoke with the woman and the woman gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Per James Adam through his own lust was tempted which gave birth to sin which brought forth death. They became dead in trespass and sin or as Genesis puts it; And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked;

Was the seed of this woman disqualified because of trespass and sin?

What was the fruit? Compare: Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness. Prov 30:20

Just how did the serpent deceive the woman?

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Father of the serpent seed, is the serpent! Jesus told some that they were of their father the devil John 8:44 nothing about cain !

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The seed of the serpent is anyone who's whole life reflects rebellion against God. Cain is certainly one of these.

13. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SO--asking my question again: Adam had many physical sons and daughters. Which of them spiritually were created in God's image, and which were created spiritually unto the serpent?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.