1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who Reigns

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

A question was raised on another thread regarding the reign of Jesus Christ. Who reigns on earth and throughout creation at present, God or Satan? I say God is Sovereign and God must reign!

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Moe, Larry, and Curly?

When we sin we get eye pokes, slaps, pliers to the nose, our hair pulled, and an occasional, "Why I'll moiderize you...."

Nyuk nyuk nyuk....woo woo woo woo....

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...lol, did you get all that from the hillbilly from WV OR?

4. OldRegular

Double post!

5. OldRegular

Are they kin to the hillbillies from Bloody Breathitt or Pike County!

#5 OldRegular, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Every time I check...it seems to be the LAMB that was Slain...

8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,

10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

7. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct. Satan cannot reign. Any authority that Satan possesses has been granted to him by God. The book of Job is an example of this. Satan had to receive permission from God to afflict Job. The ability to reign is something that is reserved for God alone.

Psalm 24:1 The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains, The world, and those who dwell in it.

8. OldRegular

Excellent Scripture Icon and they speak of time since the Crucifixion, not limited to the future as some imply! Verse 11 is particularly important because it tells us why God created; I love it!

9. OldRegular

Well said. Satan is limited as to what God allows. We must let God be God!

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I noticed "someone" on here, who signed off at 11:31 PM tonight, has failed to reply to this thread. I wonder why? :confused:

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbs::thumbsup::thumbs::thumbs:

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is it in our power to grant Him permission to be Himself?

13. OldRegular

It is not in our power and I suspect that you know what I meant when I said: "We must let God be God!" Unfortunately some people do not want to "let God be God" but want to mold Him to suit their beliefs/doctrine.

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course, our God reigns and is sovereign over the affairs of man.

But

Eph 2:2 calls Satan "prince" of this world

II Cor 4:4 calls Satan "god" of this world

Mt 4:8 speaks of Satan as king of all the kingdoms of the world

Rev 12:12 (before Satan is bound/cast into pit during the millennium) Satan is still angry and powerful on earth

So in a very real sense there is a form of "dualism" - with the one true God and the usurper "god", Satan.

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have all you "God reigns" exhaustive determinists ever prayed "your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven?" Sort of a nonsensical prayer for those that put "God ordains whatsoever comes to pass" in scripture.

God reigns in the hearts of the people who love Him such that they keep His commandments.

16. OldRegular

I don't argue with the Scripture you present but Satan can only accomplish what God allows.

17. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Ephesians 1:20-23 HCSB - He demonstrated this power in the Messiah by raising Him from the dead and seating Him at His right hand in the heavens— far above every ruler and authority, power and dominion, and every title given, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put everything under His feet and appointed Him as head over everything for the church, which is His body, the fullness of the One who fills all things in every way. ​

Seems pretty clear to me. Christ reigns right now, from the right hand of the Father, far above every other ruler and authority in this age and the age to come.

I don't understand why this is so hard.
    [​IMG]

18. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The worst day ever --when Deicide was committed --was simultaneously the best day ever. I don't want to present it like the opening of "A Tale of Two Cities" --but it was concurrently the most evil act and the most blessed event in the history of mankind. The Resurrection running #2.

See Acts 2:23 and 4:28 for more details.

Satan wasn't ruling then and He isn't now. He is on God's leash.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If you don't argue with Dr. Bob's position why did you so vehemently disagree with mine, which is exactly the same as Dr. Bob presented. Satan is the god of this world and "reigns" as such over this world.
    You disagreed with that.

I never disagreed that God was Sovereign over all the universe and that nothing can happen without him either knowing about it or even permitting it.

But he has given the rule of this world into the hand of Satan, and therefore it is Satan that rules and reigns over this world, not Christ, as you so previously adamantly affirmed.

20. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Van
    Hello VAN

Well it just might be if you ignore the fact that God has ordained believing prayer offered by His people as one of the means he has determined to use.

Prayer is work. Prayer is one of the good works ordained by God.
    The kingdom come...is a petition that as we proclaim the truth of the gospel the Kingdom spreads to those who sit in darkness. Notice that God's will ...will be done on earth...as it already does in the heavenly reign.

The reign of King Jesus has come down to earth through the work of the Spirit converting sinners and building up the church...one stone at a time.

Makes sense.:wavey:

:thumbs: yup.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.