1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who Rules America?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, May 19, 2009.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Not your's apparently.

Actually the word occupy means this...

1: to engage the attention or energies of

2a: to take up (a place or extent in space) <this chair is occupied> <the fireplace will occupy this corner of the room>

b: to take or fill (an extent in time) <the hobby occupies all of my free time>

3 a: to take or hold possession or control of <enemy troops occupied the ridge>

b : to fill or perform the functions of (an office or position)

4: to reside in as an owner or tenant

I wouldn't bet much money on that one. There doesn't seem to be much church discipline going on these days.

So we're to stand by and watch as criminals ruin our country and put people's lives in danger by doing so? Sounds kind of non productive to me not to mention cowardly. Not only that but by not doing anything to help this nation you are hurting it. So standing idly by doesn't mean you aren't having an effect on the outcome because you are. You are aiding and abetting criminals.

Tell ya what, you go hide and wait for Jesus to return while the rest us try to defend our country and by extension defend you from people who mean to do you and your's harm. Go ahead now hurry along before you have to take any resposibility for your fellow man.

Scripture doesn't tell us to run away from our responsibilities as citizens of this world. Just as scripture doesn't tell us to obey our elected public servants (if their laws run contrary to the law of the land, U.S. constitution) or to give anymore to Caesar than what rightly belongs to him. In this country we have a written constitution meant to keep the government in line and acting in accordance to that law. When the government seeks to break that law or go around it, it is our responsibility as citizens of this country to hold it accountable for it's actions for the sake of everyone including you. Thankfully our fathers and forefather didn't follow your interpretaions of scripture or we'd have never won our independence from a tyrannical king. We'd have never become an example of freedom or a nation able to defend those who cannot defend themselves.

Besides if you were practicing what you're preaching here you wouldn't be here in the politics forum at all. So, why are you here? To break your own rules on the proper Christian conduct of U.S. citizens? Apparently you don't put much faith in your own interpretations of scripture.

#21 poncho, May 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2009
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Who rules America? The same entities that control the power behind the Democrat and Republican parties. It is hard to pinpoint exactly from our standpoint, but I agree with the poster who said the media is part of it. They are the ones that create the false illusion of a difference between the two parties, especially at election time. If you control 100% of the power in this country, what difference does it make who wins. It is just there to make the American people think they have a say and are being served. I think it goes deeper than the media. It is an alliance made in hell cemented together by greed and lust for power. It is some type of alliance of think tanks, corporations, lobbyists, politicians, and the like to keep the power for themselves. They are surely not there to better our nation or serve the people.

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

BW;

Poncho is no dreamer and no doubt needs no grand standing from me to tell you so. His points in this thread are indeed spot on and are hitting the target with force. The responsibility for the current condition of this nation is it's citizenry. The more complacent we have become, the more freedoms we loose. Freedoms are not guaranteed by government it is secured by an informed and active populace. It is because we have let these "clauses" have preeminence over Constitutional law that has given these subversives any strength and it is we who can shut them down.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

>The responsibility for the current condition of this nation is it's citizenry.

AGREE 100% and 80% of the voters like the system we have. Anyone who did well under Bush thinks he will be OK under Obama and vise versa when the parties are reversed. 80% of the voters will tolerate the existing system if the alternative is a shooting revolution.

Second, the old people control most of the money, always vote, and we are as greedy as the rest of you. Old people will never chance losing SS and Medicare even if it is a terrible system. The way the system is working every person gets some kind of check or tax break from the government. We will most always vote to take away the other guy's but not our own. This is how our sin nature controls us.

Third, the young people seldom vote. When the voting age age was lowered to 18 I would have bet serious money that the young people would have voted themselves into the taverns but it hasn't happened. The young people have never effected ANY election except maybe Obama's election . . . and what exactly did THAT change? Nothing.

Personally, I am doing just fine and would probably vote against a revolution. My grandkids are being raised right and I think they will do OK under the Dems or Repubs. I don't think our owners will let our system crash enough to stir up a revolution. I am more worried about WW3 once they finish building bunkers for themselves.

Further, anyone born in the US before 1980 or so has lived through the best living conditions in the history of the world. Barring exceptional circumstances, anyone over 40 who is carrying a credit card balance and doesn't have have 3 months cash in the bank would be a loser any time, any place, any political system.

5. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

BW: Speak for yourself. I am an "old person", in excess of 70. I am not one of the "we" you seem to think you speak for. I would be most happy to end (or at least privatize) SS. Medicare is the one thing I would support abortion for. Both of these products are scams.:type:

6. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think the media is a very strong influence and when they cry"the economy is in trouble"over and over every one panics. Like when you yell "SHARK" everyone panics at the beach!