1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who rules the earth and when you die?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by npetreley, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

WOW! I missed that one.
    Just remember that in debates such as Hunt vs. White, where the Arminians are accused of slandering Calvinism or the Calvinist God!

2. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I think the remark above about "their god" being an "idiot" is totally uncalled for. Could you refrain from this type of language please? I was reading throught this thread and that kind of remark causes me not to want to enter the dialogue. </font>[/QUOTE]I apologize if I offended anyone, but what else are we to call a god who orders the universe such that not even a sparrow falls to the ground apart form His will, yet he abdicates his throne when it comes to man's eternal destiny? "Idiot" is the kindest description that I can imagine.

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

I think the remark above about "their god" being an "idiot" is totally uncalled for. Could you refrain from this type of language please? I was reading throught this thread and that kind of remark causes me not to want to enter the dialogue. </font>[/QUOTE]What is so ironic about Nick's comment is that he goes on in the next post to speak about the pride of Arminians which prevents us from seeing "his" truth, yet he is so pridefully certain that his interpretation of scripture is accurate that he is willing to make fun of the God of any other interpretation beside his. Now that is pride!!!

In my opinion he is going to be shocked to find out that his God is much different than any of us here can possibly imagine and he will repent for his possibly blasphemeous statements here on this board. Anyone so certain about his interpretation of God in regard to this doctrine that he is willing to blaspheme the God of any other interpretation is blinded by pride and driven his own ambitions. And in my opinion, he will regret his words one day.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

It is not just offensive, it is blasephemous. You are also implying that anyone who disagrees with you is believing in a different God. I think that crosses the line.

This is not really an apology as you are still proclaiming that you cannot think of another word other than "idiot." Mature Christians certainly could use another word or discuss the issue differently. Believers can disagree without using such terms.

5. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Allow sparrows to fall is much different than causing sparrows to fall. Both could be considered as under "God's will." Just as God didn't cause Job's family to be lost he certainly had to allow it. God can allow people to reject his word and still maintain his sovereignity. The story of the garden proves that to be the truth.

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    2 Cor 4 - Paul says that Satan is "The god of this world".

Eph 2- Paul says Satan is "the prince of the power of the air" that the lost are acting according to his plan/dictates.

Romans 6 says we are "slaves of the one we obey".

Matt 4 - Satan "offers" to give Christ the World.

But of course - God is still sovereign as in the day when 1/3 of the angels chose rebellion.

Yes -

He knows all things.

Yes - God shows Hezekiah changing his.

In Matt 23 - God says of Israel that He WANTED to save and protect them "But you would not".

That is a different question than asking if I of my own free will can reject God's purpose for me such that "my time changes".

The TIME is always known. The question is whether the time is IN God's perfect will or the result of rebellion against it.

In Christ,

Bob