1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who Walks In The Light?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Stegley, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Nope. Jesus "is" in the Light regardless of how anyone defines "is." Would a standard Dictionary help you?

2. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Bite all you want.

I have no clue what it means to "Walk in the light as Jesus is in the light." That is why I started this thread. Oddly, I have received from the Godly and mature Followers of Jesus and students of Scripture in here no morevthsn a run around, some snide personal comments, a warning, and diversions from the question. Perhaps nobody here quite understands that Believers are accountable to God for their words and behavior regardless of their emotional and intuitive reasons for showing less than Agape when questions are asked.

I am not offended at all, but am indeed learning about Baptists.

3. Stegley

Stegley New Member

When you wrote your comments above, were you walking in the Light just as Jesus "is" in the Light?

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just out of curiosity, in my only post (#33) where did I give you the "run around" or diversions from the question?

I know I did not give you a snide personal comment or warning.

You asked if we knew of anyone walking in the Light as He is in the Light.

I gave you someone - myself and then explained.

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought I answered the question. I thought Scarlett O. answered it as well. Didn't you like our answers?

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And yet you dole out advice to others. That is called hypocrisy.
    If they are Godly and mature followers of Jesus, and students of Scripture, then you should listen to them. That only makes sense doesn't it?
    Scripture teaches that to refuse Godly advice is foolish.
    What you perceived was a run around probably was not. No doubt it was a rejection of the truth.
    When you degrade Baptists and the Baptist position on Scripture then you evoke snide remarks. You are baiting; trolling. That in itself is against the rules. Perhaps you should take the time to read them again. Do you know what it means to "post in grace"?
    It seems that some of your posts are also diversions from the OP. Thus the answers are warranted.
    "So then everyone of us shall give account to God."
    "Every idle word that a man shall speak he shall give account of."
    "By thy words thou shalt be justified and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."
    --These Scriptures apply to you as much as they apply to anyone else.
    You also are accountable to God.
    Are you showing that Agape (divine love) that you expect of others here?
    Then let your actions and words show it.
    1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wait, you told me that you are a Baptist. Are you not have you lied?

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stegly, Is it the grammar of which you are concerned?

"as He is in the light" seems to be saying that we should walk in the light (the scripture) because He himself is in that light through the enlightenment of His Spirit revealing our sins and guiding us along life's way.

I see two components of the light - the Scripture and the Holy Spirit.

So yes though I am able on occassion to wonder off into darkness, I am walking in the light because I read and meditate in/on the scripture.

He has also promised to seek me and bring me back to the flock should I wonder off to far into the darkness.

HankD

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And yet, several people gave you answers and you indicated they were wrong.

And we're apparently learning about Quakers....

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not want to come to a conclusion about Quakers based on this one guy who showed up here.

11. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I'd say the light refers to that light of the Father, 1 Timothy 6:16 as the Son of God dwells in His presence. I believe this is what is referred to as 'as He is in the light'.

Now obviously we cannot at this time literally dwell in this light, but we are assured we are in that light in a spiritual sense of relationship with God when we walk in truth, confess our sins, are washed in His blood, abide in Christ, and also walk accordingly with the balance of 1 John, 'loving the brothers'; not 'living in practice of sin', not 'loving the world or the things that are in the world' &c.

Any believer is given this same gracious gift of walking in the same light as He, when said believer is walking in fellowship with the Lord, yet this is done on this side of the Sun and isn't a perfect example of the heavenly.

12. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Dictionaries are always a great resource Steg. Do YOU have one?

13. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Romans 8 keeps repeating ...

If you are walking/living in the Spirit (i.e. in the light),
    and if you are putting to death the deeds of the body,
    and if you are being led by the Spirit,
    ... you are a son of God.

If you are living this way, you are "in Christ", and are under NO condemnation (8:1).

But, one may insist that he does not need to be "a son of God".
    Like perhaps, if you are female.

One may insist that he doesn't mind being under condemnation.
    Like perhaps, just gonna be gettin' fewer rewards.

Yes, one may insist, "These things are NO big deal 'cause I believe in OSAS!"

14. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually, Romans 8 Paul gives us the contrast between the saved and the lost, those "IN" Christ "DO" walk after the Spirit and are "MADE FREE" from the law of sin and death. Those desiring to do "WORKS" to gain their salvation are what Paul describes as "walking after the flesh". One is either "in Christ" (walking after the Spirit) or they are not (walking after the flesh.

Paul goes on in his letter to the Romans to emphasis his teaching on God's gift(S) , one of which is eternal life (Romans 5&6) , and wraps up with this promise from God - "the gift(S) and calling of God are IRREVOCALBLE".

This is just one of dozens of solid clear scriptures which screams out OSAS. For some strange reason, some Christians feel a need to "help" God save them. Salvation is the work of God, kept by the power of God, those who have received this gift then do good works to honor God's mercy and Grace.

15. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Yes. I understand your curiosity, your question, and your defensiveness. I also understand your previous response.

Citing Greek lexicon definitions provided by Biblical scholars limits one to merely reading word definitions which have been put together in such a way as to be convenient support for today's churchy sounding aphorisms, otherwise known as "Preacherese." They wonderfully and coherently dove tail with today's Western Christendom.

Jesus never spoke of "running a race." Jesus was not in a race of any kind. "Be still, and know I am God." "He that waits on the Lord shall rise up with wings."

Jesus did not walk in The Light for the sake of having any sort of His sin brought to the forefront and confessed. If one is to walk in The Light "as He is in the light" their doing so will have nothing to do with remedial confession you and others try to make the text speak of. Jesus never taught that repentance, or "changing one's thinking," is a process conducted by one "trying their best," where Jesus supposedly "picks us up when we fail and dusts us off." That concept is a clear example of modern Western Christendom nonsense, not found in Scripture. Jesus told The Woman Caught In Adultery, "Go, and sin no more."

Yes, thank you for graciously being free of snide remarks. Now, are you able to describe how you know when you are in fact walking in The Light? Simply declaring you and others you personally know "am/are" walking in The Light is not much of a witness by itself. Hint: Reference an answer to Matthew 5:16, James 1:26, and 1 Corinthians 4:20.

16. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Can you give 10 examples of you seeking the Light of God's Word while you have been walkin in the last week?

17. Stegley

Stegley New Member

I am sure you shared the best content of your mind.

Do you know how Jesus "is" in the Light, right now today?

18. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Thank you for pointing out your perception of hypocrisey. I must laugh, though, since I can guarantee you cannot name any person other than Jesus who was not a hypocrite. Has anyone other than myself every lovingly informed you of this fact? Answer?

Please use your finest effort to review I have not doled out any advice concerning walking in The Light. It is best to avoid small ad hominem and to be full of unmerited favor when speaking to people, especially when one is Baptist. Are you able to agree? Maybe just a little ... ? Let me know.

19. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Thank you for sharing your thought. Do you think that a person who is a Baptist can never learn more about other Baptists? Please grasp this question and answer it before stumbling upon something else to ask about.

20. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Jesus' walk in the Light does not involve the process of revelation of sin, because He no longer has any sin. Is that how you walk as He "is" in the Light, or not?