1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who Walks In The Light?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Stegley, Jan 4, 2014.

1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Yes, 'we'. Answer to how am I able? Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks; Luke 6:45 -- then comes typed vitriol, contempt and mockery via your fingertips. Is that clear enough for you?

Likewise, practice what you preach -- Mt. 23:3. :wavey:

2. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is one of the most interesting threads I've read. four pages of discussion, and four pages of Yoda-like responses.

I'm curious if anyone else picked up on the strange nature of one question the OP asked several times, about Jesus being "IN" the light ? This sounds like Quaker nonsense

Jesus isn't IN the light, because He IS the light.

And the Quaker tactic - exasperate the responders into begging him to finally give us the answer he's so wittingly withheld.

All to arrive at the conclusion that the light is within every man, and we need to walk in the light, rather than follow what is perceived as men lording over us with a heavy-handed approach to scripture interpretation

Just my thoughts

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And yet - at least a half dozen people have said exactly that (the light is within every man, and we need to walk in the light....), but have been basically ignored rather than acknowledged.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So in other words, you basically lied when you said you wished to search out the scriptures. You already have an answer; you're just hoping to lead others to the same conclusion. It's usually referred to as an "ulterior motive."

So thanks anyway, but if you're not gonna be straight up with me, I'm not participating.

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

What he means IOW is that he's trolling. :thumbsup: :laugh:

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It’s one of the most creepy post’s I’ve read. Somehow reminds me of the introduction to a Meat Loaf song… or a Dean Koontz book…don’t know why. Maybe because it takes a verse which is self-explanatory in the passage and turns it into some sort of riddle that can only be answered in the author’s mind to his own satisfaction.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is called being a troll

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :eek: Yep...trolls are creepy :)

9. Stegley

Stegley New Member

The act of "accepting the Word of God" is so easily spoken of, but is not demonstrated other than by extreme exception. What should be accepted from God's Word about walking in the Light "as Jesus is in the Light?"

Are you walking in the light at this moment "as Jesus is in the Light?"

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks I am quite sure after seeing these posts the character has been here before under another username. Any response just feeds its behavior and you will never find reason or a straight answer with this person.

11. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Refrain from making loose and useless speculations about myself. Try to man up and discuss the issues rather than talking about "how other people seem to be," as women do. Understand? Lol.

Try to remember that preachers are simple to understand. And, that no preacher today has any authority over any Believer.

12. Stegley

Stegley New Member

What do you sense I have been mocking? Remember, Jesus mocked the religiously status quo arrogant Pharisees, and The Father mocks entire nations of arrogant people. Is it arrogant to speak as if one represents other Believers when that one speaks "We/Us/Our" about them?

Lol. Show us the proceedings of your mouth, but only when you are walking in the Light as you have claimed you at times can do.

13. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Have you not even read the text under discussion for yourself to see the word "in" right there? Maybe not. Perhaps you are not quite ready for personal input from Scripture.

14. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Don, Perhaps you should learn to read the lines themselves before you presume to "read in between the lines."

What would Jesus have you do?

15. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Do you walk in the Light, or do you walk in your own selected and favored thoughts?

16. Stegley

Stegley New Member

Lol. Did you not know Jesus Trolled? Read Luke 4:16-30 and Matthew Ch. 23 for His finest examples. Oh, and do not forget all of the times He trolled the Pharisees in The Temple, in their own Houses, and at many ad hoc venues. He so successfully trolled arrogant and presumptuous people they kept coming after Him, and threatened Him.

Why do you keep posting to me? Perhaps I should start a thread about "Professional Church Talkers." Sound good?

17. thisnumbersdisconnected

Now he compares himself to Jesus.

What's it take to be banned around here, anyway?

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He will eventually. He always does.

19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks. I needed a little reading up on the topic. I can understand this rejection in context of the Church of England…but it seems that when applied to the ministry (or ministers) in general they manifest many similarities to the emergent church movement. This seems true particularly on their view of divine revelation.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is a debate forum. You started this thread presumable to discuss this topic that you mentioned in the OP. Now you ask "Why do you keep posting to me?"
    The back door is wide open. You don't have to stay if you don't want to.
    No one is chaining you to this board. If you don't want to answer posts you are welcome to leave so you don't have to look at them. Then people will stop posting to the absentee.
    Or, you could ask to be banned.
    Why are you here? Did you sincerely come here to learn?