1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who Watched the Republican Debate Last Night?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Right! I got it now. All government is evil. :laugh:

You remind me of some right-wing kooks who used to live not too far from Clute. Maybe you know them; you would fit right in. :laugh:

2. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Oh, and now I understand your position. "I don't need God or common sense. The government tells me what to do!"

3. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

BTW,

I think it is hilarious that when you start defending basic principles of liberty, you have right AND left wing establishment folks attacking you! :laugh:

Thats o.k. I will keep reminding everyone that they are over 18, and they don't need a nanny to look after them. It will be o.k. Let go of the binky....

4. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Well the AMA is primarily an advocate for physicians. Sort of a guild. I have read of them protecting incompetant doctors who went on to get other patients killed or seriously impaired.

There is no doubt that we in this country are overregulated and over-governed. But if there was no FDA we would need something very much like it one way or another.

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I really, really like Cain. The more I hear, the more I like.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Only at Baptist Board brother. Out in the real world people are waking up to how much control the banks and corporations have over our lives. You have to understand that most folks here still believe whatever the corporate controlled media tells them. If they are told they are better of with a corporatist form of government than a republican form of government they'll believe it and defend it no matter how much evidence shows they are wrong.

What did we do before the FDA? The market decided what was good and what was not. If people got sick from eating tainted meat or vegies they stopped eating it. Period. Today if people get sick from eating tainted meat or vegies the FDA and all it's corporate sponsors and the corporate media go into overdrive blaming what few independent farmers and growers still remain.

I posted a video called Food Inc. in another thread. It explains how the FDA is a revolving door agency that protects the guilty and condemns the innocent on behalf of the giant food and drug companies. Why? For profit and control. Why else?

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

He reminds me of what our founders were always saying about government. Evidently you missed all that in history class.

George Washington said . . .

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

He also said . . .

"Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder."

I say . . .

I do not expect a statist to understand liberty anymore than I expect a dog to understand algebra.