1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who were Jezebel and Baal ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, but I was addressing a concern related to the stated reason for the ban and pointed out that the mods should be notified if posts seem out of line.

I do appreciate your wanting things to be as right as they can be and would hope we all want that, but the mods/admin are the ones to clarify the rules here (even hypothetically), not I.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This stuff is garbage. The "7 church ages" bunk was invented by John Darby in England & first extensively promoted in the US by William M. Branham, who was clearly a charlatan.

You can see in any encyclopedia that all 7 of those churches existed at the same time, and, while there have been TYPES of them around ever since, there have NOT been successive "church ages". There's only been ONE "church age' since jesus was here, & we're still in it-the AGE OF GRACE.

I highly recommend you abandon that false "church age" trash & disassociate yourself from whatever jabroney taught it to you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No such thing as "Thyatirean times".

#23 robycop3, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They generally followed Darby's garbage. It's not in Scripture.

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be careful in your arguementation, Gill died (1771) lng before Darby was born (1800).

6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The thread was the now-closed "Polynesian prayer beads" thread.

7. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But Darby made it more-known to the public in general.

As for Branham, I remember his claim he was under God's protection. Apparently, he got behind on his dues as he was killed by a drunk driver in 1965. Man was a quack.

8. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This may be hard for you to believe, and I am sorry, but the church did not come off of Noah's Ark Baptist!

9. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My point was Gill couldn't get his position from Darby.

10. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I must say folks, having read into William Branham, that I can understand anyone detesting the guy and his teachings. Please know it is the way of demonic spirits to mix truth with error. And Branham taught this to make himself head of the present day church. But we all know that this was arrogance. There was a degree of truth in that the church would change down through the ages, and I believe Revelation was Christ's way of addressing the issues that would befall us down through the church times.

#30 rockytopva, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  11. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evil was introduced when Ahab and Jezebel brought in the Sidonian Baal, and attempted to make him the God of Israel, even instituting to that end the first religious persecution of which we read in history. The tremendous struggle that ensued, under Elijah and Elisha, ended in complete victory for the Jehovah party when Jehu the son of Nimshi overthrew and annihilated the family of Ahab. but the old sin of calf worship continued. (II Kings 10:39) Nevertheless, the tendency to worship other gods, having been once introduced, remained, and from that time on the sacred records contain frequent references to it. Both religiously and politically the Ten Tribes continued to deteriorate, until the exile.

Albertus Pieters. (n.d.). The Seed of Abraham.

• Like Like x 1
  12. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    About 30 years ago, I was working for state government and came across an official document showing that a lady had a legal first name of Jezebel. I was astonished.

13. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Baptist" has nothing to do with it. There are a few Baptists who believe that "church age" jive as well, & they're as wrong about it as you are.

14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quite a few men have been named "Ahab". "Saul' is a common name. I live about 10 miles from a town on Rte 7 in Ohio named "Athalia", once known as a speed trap. And, of course, there are many "Judas's". ("Iscariot" means "man from Kerioth", a Judean town.)

There weren't that many bad women in Scripture . There are many women named "Sapphira" & a few named "Michal".

But in,too, am amazed anyone would name a daughter "Jezebel:, who, in my book, was the most-evil woman in Scripture, followed closely by her daughter Athaliah. The town in Ohio is pronounced "uh-THAIL-yah"

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “Baptist" Occurred and flourished in Sardisean and Philadelphian times. "Baptist" may have begun and was persecuted in Thyaterian times, having men like John Wycliffe martyred and persecuted by that woman Jezebel, but “Baptist" was nowhere to be found in the first three ages.

16. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I told you there's no such thing as "church ages".

17. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are in the midst of the Laodicean age. Where the generations are in need of eyesalve to cleanse them of their worldly ways!

18. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The blues had many babies and one of them was rock and roll. And genres such as funk were also children. All of these came out of the Laodicean age. If the eye salve were applied one would have the sense to stay clear of these kind of things!

19. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I had a second grade teacher by the name of Miss Chickadance. I have often thought that if I could go back to those times, with the eyesalve applied to this Laodiceans eyes I would....

1. Avoid the evils of the generations
    2. Avoid the music of the day
    3. Study and do well in school
    4. Sit with my Pentecostal grandfather
    5. Enjoy the Baptist conferences
    6. Do well in continued education
    7. Find a good company to work

20. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you kidding me? Can you prove this charge? Have you ever read a biography of Moody? I've read several, and no one ever accused Moody of being an evangelist to get the money. Billy Sunday was accused that way (maybe truly), and Billy Graham outlived some of these charges from early in his ministry (the Atlanta campaign), but never D. L. Moody.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.