1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who will be elected president in January of 2009?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Dec 24, 2007.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I'm not all that sure that waking up next to "Babs" Mikulski would do very much for me, either. Note the "left" side photos at:

http://mikulski.senate.gov/

In fact, after viewing photos of all the 35 women who have ever served in the US Senate, I gotta' conclude that overall,

"It starts off scary, then sorta' gets worse."

:sleeping_2: :eek:

It would either be enough to make a person quit [​IMG] entirely, becoming scared sober, or drink more, in order to become a full blown alcoholic - definitely one or the other!

Ed

#41 EdSutton, Dec 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2007
  2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Actually, the OP asks "Who will be elected President in (January of) 2009?".

That is a flawed question to a 99.9% probability, if referring to the President of the United States, as both Salt City Baptist and I have pointed out, so the question is flawed and meaningless. I already posted this in post #31, above.

Regardless of whether or not you (saturneptune) think my comments are nonsense. (Whose "handle" actually places them in "outer space", here? Is it really EdSutton or Salt City Baptist, or is it actually saturneptune?)

My previous post and answer both stand.

Ed

#42 EdSutton, Dec 31, 2007
  3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Your nit picking and technicalities are ridiculous. The meaning of the op is quite clear. Your either want to answer the question or play games.

Yeah, your previous posts stand. So does a hat rack.

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

The OP stated that He had a theological point to make with this. No problem with that. I am still not sure what that is. However, once again, you make a flawed argument. No American President is "elected in January". One is normally inaugurated into the office, on Jan. 20., every four years. The closest on can come to this, who doesn't want to accept the wording and statements of the Constitution, apparently including you, for the wording is clear, is that the President is elected in November in the General election.

Only 538 votes are actually cast for President. WE, the people, are actually voting for the electors, not all of whom are required even to accede to our wishes, at least in some states. We have no guaranteed right to vote for the President at all, but only as the legislatures of the states and DC, have given us that privilege of allowing our votes to go to certain electors.

That is why that Maine and Nebrqaska do not vote, in the exact same way, with a "winner take all" allocation, buto divide their electoral votes by congressional district, unlike the rest of the states. BTW, California is considering the possibility of doing the same thing.

The "theological point" Dale-c is attempting to make in post #15 may well be debatable. But his OP is and was flawed, in his attempt to make that political point, for the third time. The President has never been elected in January. It is not impossible, as I previously pointed out, but highly unlikely.

The President is elected in December, when the Electoral College casts their ballots. I have no clue as to whom that will be, at this time. I am only sure that it will not be either George W. Bush or William J. Clinton. They both happen to be ineligible.

BTW, even if We the people, cast enough votes for one individual, whom we shall call 'Candidate "A"', that that individual were to be effectively 'assured' assured of receiving enough electoral votes when the Electoral College meets in December, and it does meet, and casts the votes for 'Candidate, now President-elect "A"', and 'President-elect "A"' were to die, before being inaugurated, as effectively happened to our own KY Governor-elect William Goebel, in 1900, when he was assassinated, and actually sworn in before the results had been certified, dying three days later.

You seem to know in advance who is going to be elected President. (Not that I'm all that sure about where your 'advance knowledge' is coming from.)

Maybe we can just cancel this entire campaign, and give all the rest of us a break, then. Now that sounds like a 'winner'.

Frankly, a 'civic' lesson would not hurt here, IMO.

Ed

#44 EdSutton, Dec 31, 2007
  5. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Sorry, I guess this post for derailed.
    Actually my whole point was that election doesn:t take place at the time of application, it happens before. It is the same with both salvation and the president in that sense.
    And neither the president or the Christian elects himself.

6. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Hehehe....Ah, I shouldn't....But I will.

What would happen Dale if the guy who gets elected decides, during the time between Election Tuesday and Inauguration Day, that he really doesn't want to be President and refuses to take the Oath of Office?

Hmmmm?

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Frankly, I am quite aware of the process. FYI, if a President-elect dies before being sworn into office, the Vice-President elect is sworn into office on that date.

I have no idea where you are getting the idea someone knows the outcome of the election. There have been threads asking for our opinion.

Too bad, the electors from Kentucky will not cast votes for the Democratic ticket who promised all of you in the east a pair of shoes.

#47 saturneptune, Jan 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2008
  8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I do not need to vote for anyone who promises me a new pair of shoes. I already have a pair of real shoes. They look like this.

[​IMG]

And I even have a new pair to wear on Sundays and other special occasions. Like if I were I to visit near your area, to get some car parts in the "chop-shop" capital of the US. :rolleyes:

Ed

#48 EdSutton, Jan 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2008
  9. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

That would be interesting to know.

of course the analogy, as always is never perfect.

10. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

I don't know Dale, it works pretty good for my side of the arguement. :laugh: