1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who won the debate yesterday?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by evangelist6589, Feb 7, 2016.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How do you know Rubio is a "lost" Roman Catholic? And how do you know Cruz is a "saved" Southern Baptist?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if you really care, because I thought this was a "who won" and you seem to be advocating for your candidate?!

Let me say this .... as to who won, I would have to say the people who were curious enough to watch. Each debate gives us more of an idea of each candidate Evan, and in my eyes, we all won as the cream is finally coming to the top.

And that in no way means bubble boy, or bubble governor won. It showed me more about who they are. Was I impressed. Not going to offer that, because in this type of post, it would TMI,. Whistling

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    May I simply add ... that for you to be stating that one man is saved because he claims to be SBC, versus you bias that Roman Catholics are lost, is way above your PAYGRADE as a believer. The only qualified person to make that determination is God at either the BEMA Seat judgement or the great white throne judgement. I know numerous Roman Catholics who have received Jesus as Savior and been water baptized and filled with the Holy Ghost. Likewise, I know mant Baptist with questionable witnesses for Jesus.

That is my opinion. Selah .... Shalom!

4. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rubio or Cruz would be good choices to fill the ambassadorship in Benghazi.

5. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rubio says that Jesus died for his sin and is the savior of the world. He also advocates other Christian values for example he is against abortion and he is for Biblical marriage. I am surprised you would vote for Cruz, especially since he probably uses the NIV.

6. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So do Jehovah's Witnesses? Do you think that means all JW's are saved?
    If you ask any Catholic if Jesus is their Savior they will almost all claim it, I know this because we go door to door every Saturday and 8/10 people are Catholic. my Pastor knows a Catholic who claimed they received Christ as savior...it came out that they think that means taking the Eucharist...the point is most of them think having Jesus as their saviour means taking the sacraments and doing good works, to most of them "having Jesus as savior" means being a good Catholic.

This is nonsense, What king of saved person stays in the religious whorish system that is the Catholic Church?

And yeah Cruz probably isn't a KJV guy, but that still doesn't mean he's not saved.

Huge difference between using a different bible translation, and being part of a religious system that teaches works for salvation....

Do I know for sure if either of them are saved? No. But if I go off their backgrounds, it's pretty obvious that the chances of Rubio being saved are slim, and I think it's a high chance that Cruz is saved.

Beside all that stuff, Cruz has better policies, I think Rubio is a RINO:

-In 2007, he used the left's anti-science climate scaremongering nonsense to push for a massive taxpayer-funded "green" movement in Florida.

-In June of this year, he responded to the Supreme Court'sblatantly illegal invention of federal marriage rights for homosexuals (at the expense of actual constitutional rights like state sovereignty and free religious exercise) by instantlysurrendering on the issue and demanding that we "abide by the law"...as if accepting lawless, arbitrary edicts from unaccountable, un-elected activist judges weren't the complete and utter abandonment the rule of law. He also then stated that he would attend a homosexual wedding.

-In January of 2014, he supported extending taxpayer-funded joblessness (unemployment checks).

-In March of 2013, he ignored all the facts and evidence to perpetuate the left's wildlyerroneous misinformation about what destroyed the economy in 2008, falsely blaming the banks and "not enough government," rather than the relentless federal attacks on the housing market that directly imploded the housing market and crashed the economy.

-In March of 2010, he argued that the Federal Government must provide alternatives to employer-based insurance system (which is not an authorized federal power under the Constitution).

http://www.examiner.com/article/rino-report-on-marco-rubio

7. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cruz is also a good candidate. Not sure who I'd vote for between the two.

8. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Bye bye bully hypocrite! New Jersey awaits you....