1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who won, who lost and who surprised at the GOP debate

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by freeatlast, Sep 23, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

2. billwald

billwald New Member

I didn't hear anyone talk about manufacturing jobs going off shore. We all lost 20 years ago.

Ron Paul made the most sense.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I certainly agree that Ron Paul has some very good ideas. However he also has some very bad ideas. I do not believe he has a snowball chance on the sun to win and one reason is his age. However his libertarian ideas will spark some new blood and most likely in a couple of elections, if we have not fallen as a nation, there will be someone who is libertarian as president since people are just about fed up with both parties.

4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was surprised by how poorly Rick Perry did. Mitt Romney looked more conservative than Perry. IMHO, Romney moved up in people's minds and the nomination is his to win/lose. Perry is done.

Newt did well. I have thought for years he has the intellect and experience to be a good president. Probably too much baggage at this point to get the nomination.

Santorum (spelling?), looked good and avoided major gafts. He could possibly get some traction.

Cane did well but lacks the experience and political polish to be effective.

The former governor of Utah (Houseman?) sounded good and does have good political skills, but is a "moderate" and has said things about evolution that will alienate the base so as to make it unlikely for him to get the nomination.

Backman hasn't stood out like she needs to. Unlikely she'll get any more support than she already has.

Ron Paul has, like Newt, too much baggage to get the nomination.

Don't remember anyone else name, which isn't good for them, I guess.

peace to you:praying:

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The establishment media’s relentless campaign to denigrate Congressman Ron Paul’s presidential campaign has manifested itself once again, after a poll showing Paul had won last night’s Orlando debate was pulled by Fox News who later published an article claiming Mitt Romney had instead claimed the victory.

When we took a screenshot of the poll at around 5am CST this morning, the result showed Paul easily beating his nearest rival Romney by 11,000 clear votes, with Paul at almost 40% and Romney trailing at just under 23%.

After our screenshot of the poll was posted on the ever-popular Drudge Report website, Fox News pulled the page that had previously housed the poll entirely. But the network went further, subsequently publishing an article by National Review editor and Fox News contributor Rich Lowry opining that Mitt Romney had in fact won the debate, thereby completely ignoring their own website poll, which restricts users to one vote per IP address.

Indeed, Lowry didn’t even mention Ron Paul once in his 13 paragraph piece, despite giving praise to Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich, and Herman Cain – all of whom performed miserably in Fox News’ own post-debate poll. Ron Paul got nearly double the amount of votes in the poll than all three of them put together, but Lowry completely omitted Paul’s name from his report.

As we have previously documented, Fox News, even more so than the likes of MSNBC and CNN, have constantly undermined Paul’s campaign with dirty tricks, including playing the wrong audio of a crowd booing Paul at this year’s CPAC event.

CONTINUE . . .

Gee golly wow man if Ron Paul is such a bad candidate without a snowball's chance why does the conglomerated corporate media have to work so hard to ignore him?

#5 poncho, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2011