1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who would you vote for?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Feb 4, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I have heard some christians who say that voting is not for the body of christ and some who say its our duty to vote. Well, based on the candidates that we have right now? Who are you thinking of voting for? Also.. can a Christian vote for democrats even though they are for abortions and stuff????

2. AAA

AAA New Member

I would liked to see a republican win, however this is the first election year that I would like to see a democrat win the whitehouse...

I would like to see a democrat win because they will get us out of Iraq and I believe that this is still a racist and a sexest nation and I am tired of white people calling me the "N" word. If a democrat wins we will have a real "CHANGE" in the whitehouse, Someone other then a white man would be President.

#2 AAA, Feb 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2008
  3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see no moral justification for voting for those who will promote, applaud and flaunt for political gain the immoral gay agendas, degradation of Marriage and/or abortion on demand.

I realize that the majority Catholic vote in the past has gone that direction - but in recent years I thought they may have come to their senses.

Furthermore I do not believe I am doing right to simply "not vote for" candidates that push immoral agendas -- I consider that to effectively stand against that you must vote in favor of candidates who will oppose immoral legislation rather than simply standing idly by and allowing the immoral agendas to prosper.

"All evil needs to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

in Christ,

Bob

#3 BobRyan, Feb 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2008
  4. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Question: As a Christian would you vote for a democrat that is in favor of Abortions and Homosexual Marriage simply because you want to see some change or would you vote for a republican who would give you less change but at least will not support Abortion or Homosexual Marriages? :jesus:

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

As a Christian I cannot, in good conscious, vote for the democratic platform which includes pro abortion and gay rights.

And I certainly would not vote (or vote) for someone just because of their race...

6. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I couldn't agree more, Sue ...

I never lump everyone into one stigma for that seems ineffective in my little corner of the world. Besides, I don't vote for everyone, I just vote for ME! :thumbs:

7. cowboymatt

cowboymatt New Member

So will you stay home for the general election if McCain gets the nom?

8. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I will stay at home if thats the case because I cant support that.

9. Sgt. Fury

Sgt. Fury New Member

I voted for Ron Paul. You can't get more conservative than the Constitution. Sadly, he'll likely not get the Republican nomination, as the media has convinced most sheeople that McCain will get the nod. If he does, I might just vote Democrat. At least if they get the White House, they'll get the blame for the next four years!

If you haven't investigated Ron Paul, you ought to. Google him. He's never voted for a tax increase or an unbalanced budget, he's pro-life and pro-gun, wants small, limited government, and will bring our troops home from everywhere, including Iraq. He's a strict Constitutionalist.

10. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I honestly dont even see the point in voting. We are living in times that everyone is now a democrat. The world has become so politically correct and instead of being bibically correct. If a candidate is agaisnt homosexual marriages or pro life as the times go on he wont get voted in. The younger generation in this country wants freedom to sin and basically we now have candidates that have to side with the world instead of God to get votes. Jesus is coming soon though and thats going to be great.

11. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speak for yourself, fella! :thumbs:

12. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

What i mean to say is that we are living in times where most will tend to vote democrat. Why? Its for homosexual rights, Its pro abortion ext.... Most of today's youth dont want a republican on board. In fact the media doesnt even want a republican on board. CNN is giving the democratic party so much hype and not the republican party and even in the debates they hardly ask Hukabee or Ron Paul any questions... Its all corrupted.. I cant wait for Jesus to return... that is going to be Awesome..

13. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is not a Republican, FYI.

14. Sgt. Fury

Sgt. Fury New Member

It's the media that controlls the country now. Need to make a point? Just take a poll. Ask the right questions and get the answers you want. Publish the numbers and tell the sheeple what they believe.

The media (liberal) has presented America with the candidates that they desire, or at least could live with. Any Democrat fits their needs, and they've shoved McCain down our throats (who's as near to a Democrat as a Republican can get) as the only viable candidates to choose from.

People simply have to wake up and think for themselves. Sadly, most never will.

15. trustitl

trustitl New Member

I can wait for Jesus to return. Not because I want to, but because God wants me to. He wants all of us to.

Why? He wants to see if we will keep our mind on things above and not on things on the earth (Col.3:2).

We all need to rememer that our citizenship is in heaven and that we are merely ambassadors in this world for but a short time. Jesus went through a lot more than 2 Clinton administrations.

16. North Carolina Tentmaker

AAA, does that really happen that often? I am not trying to be smart or anything I just find it hard to believe many white people would still use that word. I grew up in the south and remember a time when it was part of the regular vocabulary. We did not even realize how offensive it was (I do now). I am sorry that still goes on.
    No I won't stay home but I will not vote for McCain or the Democrats. I will vote for the libertarian or for one of the other parties. I will not give up my right to vote in the congressional and local elections.
    He may not be a Republican but He is also not for the murder of children or for homosexual immorality so he is definitly not a Democrat.

17. North Carolina Tentmaker

AAA,

Hey, I am assuming you are an African-American based on your earlier post. Let me ask you something about affirmative action. I support AA in some cases because of past injustice. In local situations I believe there are reasons for it temporarily but usually I reject it because it is at its heart a racist idea. If Barack is elected president does that mean we have arrived as a nation where racism has become the exception rather than the rule? Although racism may exist in a local situations can we say that as a nation it does not? And if so do we still need Affirmative Action programs? I mean if a black man can be elected president, then he can do anything right?

18. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    True but as other posters have said - God is against gay marriage - in favor of the sanctity of marriage as one man and one woman -- and is against the murder of infants -- even unborn ones. Also - He believes the bible over evolutionism and is all for allowing freedom of Christian expression (including prayer) in both civil and government settings.

Stick with God on "His platform" then vote for whoever you wish as long as they are not opposing one of God's platform pillars.

in Christ,

Bob

19. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

No, I will not stay home. They still allow write-in votes.

20. gekko

gekko New Member

i'm canadian..

but i hope obama gets in - then i'd vote for democrats
    if clinton gets in - i'd vote for republicans. mccain has got republicans.
    huckabee doesn't stand a chance. heh.

that's if i was american. :p

#20 gekko, Feb 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2008