1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Whom would Jesus vote for?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by moscott, Sep 30, 2008.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

In communities where Obama's ACORN buddies are at work...Jesus may very well be registered to vote.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think it is helpful to attempt to delineate God's will on specific issues by also attempting to place them in the context of who Jesus who vote for. Neither is making failed attempts to accuse Republicans of identifying Jesus with that party. No one has done that and it is more a debate tactic and has nothing to do with the issues.

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

The eternal King of all creation will not vote for anyone but will judge the temporal rulers of the earth right along with all the rest of us.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Good point. Jesus' earthly ministry transcended politics as well as everything else. To attempt to even link it with things we do serves only to denigrate His Holy Name!

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We want to be careful not to set ourselves up in a way that is a dual view point. One being godly or scriptural the other being secular. Christians have no business with such a dual standard.

6. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I am already enlightened on this topic. Do you believe that Jesus would support an effort for our country to go to war, especially an unjust one in which all other options were not explored? I'll enlighten you. Not all Democrats support the abortion law that was created by a Republican Supreme court (6 R and 3 D on the Roe vs. Wade court). I certainly don't support it. I find it highly insulting that Republicans try to cast ALL Democrats as pro-abortion and non-Christians. That's an excellent way to cut in half any efforts at evangelism.

In the same way, not ALL Republicans supported the misguided and unChristian invasion of Iraq. It's wrong to paint everyone in a huge group of people with the same brush. Many Democrats including myself are in the party because recently it has opposed war unless absolutely necessary. I also support helping the poor rather than lining the pockets of the rich.

7. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Few, and very few democrats are pro-life...why?, because the democratic party platform says they are. Do you honestly think a pro-life democrat could recieve the nomination to the general election for president? No way.

And, all of the organizations that are opposed to the church and christianity as a whole are liberal, and fund the democratic party.

NOW, GLAD, NAACP, ACLU,Planned Parenthood, moveon.org....I could go on and on. They all support the demoncratic party and fund it heavily. The democratic party is fully supported by these groups, and they owe their livelyhood to them, so they promote every gay, pro-abortion, and anti-christian/anti-church legislation/court ruling that keeps them in a job.

As far as war goes....noone is saying that God is pleased with our war with Iraq, but the Democratic idea that God is opposed to all war and condemns all who wage it is a lie. I dont know what God thinks, and neither do you, but to say that God is opposed to any war because of the destruction and death is a lie.

If it wasnt for war, you would be British, or German. or Arab, and not American. You would not have the freedom to condemn the very people and country that fought to give you that freedom to judge.

AJ

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Do you accept the FACT that we have legalized abortion in the United States because of a REPUBLICAN Supreme Court? You did it. Many people say that the way out of this is for the President to appoint pro-life justices to the court. Well, Ronald Reagan, GHW Bush and GW Bush all failed. This argument, which I agree with, simply strengthens my statement that THE REPUBLICANS ARE THE CAUSE OF LEGAL ABORTION IN THE US.

Have anything to say about that?

9. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Yes, I was 12 years old and not old enough to vote when RvW was ruled on.

And yes, it was a republican appointed court, but if you check your history, you will find that back then, the democrats were still pretty conservative, and the republicans were pretty liberal.....less difference in the partys than there is today anyway, and almost a complete reversal of party platforms over the last 50 years.

And, what happened 35 years ago hardly applies to the political climate today. Today, the democrats and Obama himself, support unlimited access to abortion to everyone for any reason and even if the taxpayers have to pay for it. And the republicans oppose it....TODAY.

i dont know about you, but I my vote doesnt count for the 1950-1972 elections....I can only vote according to what the partys represent today.

AJ

10. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I normally don't agree with you Bro. Curtis, but this is spot on. :thumbs:

11. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You would have better luck getting a straight answer out of Palin, who seems unable to put words together in a way that makes a coherent sentence.

12. moscott

moscott Member

Really? The Democrats have opposed war?

Besides consistently voting to fund the war(which couldn't continue without)
    The Democratic controlled Senate also approved the Iraq war:http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/11/iraq.us/

As for helping the poor rather than lining the pockets of the rich(ie employers)
    this says alot:http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/jokes/bljokegopdems.htm
    http://www.newsflavor.com/Politics/US-Politics/Differences-Between-Republicans-and-Democrats.239515
    http://conservativeprincipals.blogspot.com/2008/06/10-differences-between-democrats-and.html

13. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

So your argument is that the Republicans in Congress led by President Bush did not lead us into war in Iraq. All those claims about the involvement of Iraq in 9/11 and the weapons of mass destruction didn't come from Republicans. You're also claiming that historically, going as far back as say Nixon, Republicans haven't opposed Medicaid, Medicare, Head Start, etc.? I don't agree with you. We must be living in parallel universes.

14. moscott

moscott Member

My arguement is that ONLY God knows which war is just or unjust---not man. NEITHER party is a war monger party and neither has a claim as anti war. So that arguement as to why you go Democrat is mute. As is your desire for Government handouts instead of it being in the hands of the Church and individuals. The links say it all as far as differences go but your "side" still:
    Favors abortion
    Bigger Government
    Higher taxes
    Gay Rights
    Legalizing drugs
    Socialized medicine
    Government handouts
    Wants God out of our schools, money, pledge of allegiance etc...
    Believes in a weak military
    Opposes the 2nd Amendment
    Favors the 1st Amendment "unless" it's a Republican talking or worse Christian
    Opposes the death penalty
    Favors flag burning and defiling Jesus as art

So basically you align with almost everything non christian--except by your standard of "war mongers" and welfare.:tear:

15. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Very well stated.

but he doesnt care. He hates Bush, and for some reason cant understand that even some of us republicans are not happy with Bush.

Government handouts and the goofy idea that "we are better off economically with a democrat" is the motivation behind these christians that support Obama. They dont care how many babies get murdered ot how much gays chip away at our traditions and moral standards as long as they have more money at the end of the day.

And they call the GOP the "party of greed", does that make the Dems the "party of selfishness"?

AJ

16. moscott

moscott Member

It's amazing to me how a true Baptist can hold those beliefs. Since I base people on how they act and not what they say----it is apparent to me that many Baptist/Christians are only that because they call themselves one. Based on their beliefs and actions I would never consider them to be 1. Even more disappointing is the fact that not only are they supporting a Democratic platform that stands on the wrong side of Christian values, but they are taking it a step farther by supporting the #1 and #3 MOST Liberal Senators to hold the office of Presidency. Even a MLK(Baptist Minister) was a Republican and knew the Christian values of the party despite being a proponent for the poor and anti war.:godisgood:

17. rbell

rbell Active Member

You guys are behind. I know for a fact that Jesus will vote.

He goes to our hispanic church, just became a citizen, and registered the other day.

:D :D

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

Mixed reviews here.

• There were a couple of Supremes that did not reflect the conservative bent of the appointer. O'Connor, Souter, and (sometimes) Kennedy come to mind. Souter was an abject failure on the part of Bush I. Point taken.
    • There were conservative appointees that were rejected, such as Bork.
    • Though he's not been a great president, Bush II has done quite well with Roberts & Alito.
    • Even the "moderates" appointed by Reagan pale to the Clinton-appointed Constitution rewriters such as Breyer the Terrible and Ginsberg the Hun.
    So, in summary...I'd say Bush 2 has dones the best of whom you have mentioned (hey, at least he did something well, right?)...he would then be followed by Reagan (mixed), and Bush 1 (mixed, but Souter's a stinker).

But I will agree with you in principle that the Republicans have not done nearly as much toward stopping abortion as their lip service would have indicated.

But we should keep in mind that the Republicans of the late 60's & 70's were nowhere near as socially conservative as that Republicans of the 1980's & early '90's.

Today's Republicans....who knows? Some of 'em have it together; many just say what they need their constituents to hear so they'll get re-elected.

19. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Jesus is alive, and is in control of who will win the election, so why vote!

20. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Your argument doesn't hold water. Irrational. No proof. Disregard problems on your side while amplifying those on the other side. A great way to bring this country together isn't it? These kind of bogus arguments are what's wrong with America today. People no longer respect other people's opinions. Why don't we split into the red America and the Blue America. Then I wouldn't have to read garbage like this.