1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who's right?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by webdog, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All Scripture From The NLTse

AresMan had cited John 6:37,39,40 and 44.Those verses do not in the least support your supposition that God draws ALL to Himself through Christ.What version are you using?Maybe you're going by your weak memory or even weaker theology.

V. 37 :"However,those the Father has given me will come to me,and I will never reject them."

Those the Father has given me -- not each and every person who has,or shall live.

V.39 :"And this is the will of God,that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me,but that I should raise them up at the last day."

"Of all those he has given me" -- not each and every person who has ever,or who shall ever live.

V.40 : "For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life.I will raise them up at the last day."

"All who see his Son" -- not each and every ...(you get the idea).

V.44 :"For no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me,and at the last day I will raise them up."

The text is referencing the very same people as in the prior verses I itemized.

The Father gives a certain number to the Son we learn from these verses.All (as in each and every person from all time)are not drawn by the Father to the Son."Those he has given me" -- important words.Remember them.