1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who's Your Favorite Christian Artist, Group and Comedian?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    my faves: Steven Curtis Chapman, Avalon, Switchfoot, Casting Crowns, Mandisa, Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, David Crowder Band, 4Him, MercyMe, Point of Grace (before they took on more of a country tone).

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Mercyme gets my vote.

3. Servent

Servent Member

Big Daddy Weave

A local group called The Gospel Express

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for Your POST!

I tried very hard to come up with Jerry Clowers name, but it just stayed under the surface of my memory brain cells.

Jerry was truly the best, especially when he told his story on coon hunting. I'd be tied up in stitches. Thanks for the name.

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're Right, Ann, She's Pretty Good!

I enjoyed the last two photos. She has talent, and should be very popular in the coming days. Thanks for sharing some of her work.

Pastor Paul

6. MamaCW

MamaCW New Member

Ron Hamilton!

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How an Error Can Become a BLESSING!!!

It has become quite obvious that many of those reading this post have literally interpreted the word "artist" to mean someone who paints, draws, photographs, sculptures, etc.

When I included the word "artist" I was referring to musical personalities.

However, the misunderstanding and literal interpretation to my word "artist" has actually added to, and enhanced the entirety of this post, and that has become a refreshing surprise.

Thanks for taking me literally, as I have discovered one more talent in the realm of Christian talents I would never have thunk of asking! :thumbsup:

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Of those two, the first one (the second to last) is just a colored pencil piece she did in I think 11th grade. She loves glass/water/light and that's what that one was.

The last one was actually a photo she took that for some reason came out super pixelated when she printed it and her teacher said to do whatever she wants to fix it. She took the pencils to it and that's what she got. It looks really amazing in real life. I'm getting it framed for the living room.

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow!

Those bottles of colored water(?) were pencil drawings and etching? That is simply amazing. :applause:

You two must be very proud of her! :thumbsup:

Pastor Paul

10. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm more of a Brahms, Wagner, Sibelius kind of guy; though I used to have a preference for Degarmo and Key twenty years ago. Does that count?:)

11. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Amazing Grace as lined out singing of the Old Regular Baptist

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, that was straight drawing with colored pencils. :)

I have to say that I homeschooled her and I'm NOT an artist in the least so we didn't do much in art. When she got to our high school, with probably one of the best art programs on the Island, she blossomed. Her teachers said that most likely it was because she didn't get a lot of art training as a child and so wasn't tainted by wrong teaching. Woo-hoo!! Slacker parenting works sometimes! LOL But she's seriously amazed me. The picture that I posted of a guitar head and lyrics behind it was also a photograph that she added pencil to. She's really good at doing that and we framed that particular picture for my husband's office at church. Cost a fortune but it was worth it because it turned out great!

13. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Favorite group(s) I like the Gaither Vocal Band and Greater Vision. Hard to choose between the two.

Favorite singer: Larnelle Harris.

Favorite Christian Comedians: Sorry, I have three. Jerry Clower, rest his soul. Mark Lowry. Dennis Swanberg.

At the height of his career, Jerry Clower did a performance in Paducah. I arranged to do a half-hour TV interview with him. He kept me in stitches, but left no doubt about his commitment to Christ.

He told a true story about appearing on the Tonight Show on the same night with feminist icon Gloria Steinem. He was in the green room when she walked in. He stood up and she motioned for him to sit down.

"Not until you do," he said. "My mother would turn over in he grave if I sat down while you are standing."

After verbal sparring for a minute, they finally agreed to both sit on the floor. They had a reasonably pleasant conversation about the goals of the feminist movement and for equality for women..

Jerry finally said, "Well, let me tell you about my wife Homerline. When she wakes up in the morning, there is a maid there to fix her breakfast. She has a couple of closets filled with clothes she can choose from. If Mama wants to watch TV, there's one in nearly every room; and she can watch it sittin', standin', or leanin'.

"If she needs groceries, the maid will go shop for her. If Mama wants to go herself, she can pick one of three cars in the garage.

"I understand what you're tryin' to do, Ms. Steinem, but I don't think Mama wants you messin' with her deal."

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I'll second that "motion" Bro. Jeff!! :thumbs:!! Any objections??? No objection, so ordered!! LOL