1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who's your favorite Gospel group/singer?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the OP @righteousdude2: Are you asking for favorite artists in the genre of Gospel music or is it open to any Christian genre from contemporary pop music (dove award) to Gregorian chants?

I ask this because I see a lot of non-gospel genres being shared. I interpreted this thread to be music in the gospel genre (also including southern gospel).

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a WIDE OPEN, open ended question . . . . meaning all of the above goes. Everyone in the family of God have particular tastes, so, go for it! There are no wrong responses. HAPPY THANKSGIVINGS!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Disciple

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I had answered this question 30 years ago, I probably would have said the Inspirations (gospel quartet). Today I would say I don't have a favorite group or soloist. While I can and do enjoy listening to music, I don't have any particular group I purchase, listen to on YouTube, etc. In fact, I much prefer participatory singing.

5. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steve Green and Larnell Harris are personal favorites. I used to listen to Scott Wesley Brown and Keith Green back in the day.

6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I still like the Inspirations. I saw them once here in Indy. For a few years I worked in the music industry in a minor way. Of course, the Gaithers are from Alexandria, Indiana, and Sandi Patty is connected with the Church of God Anderson Indiana. I saw her twice in Indy. She does Christmas programs with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra downtown. We do have a good symphony orchestra here.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Elvis How great thou art and his american trilogy as good as it gets!