1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Whose Son is YHVH, the Christ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Seve, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I think I am with you on this, in fact, I have spoke of this before here and else where, except for what you say here. The creator and the maker are the same, but it sounds as if you are making them two different things. Could you explain better how being a creator and maker can be different?

2. Seve

Seve Member

So the bottom-line..... the apologizers here believe that God is one in Number. It’s a belief that even the Jews, Oneness people and the Unitarians could relate to. Whereas, I believe God is one in Unity. The Elohim (The plural of Eloah, God), who is one (Echad) in Unity.

Deuteronomy 6:4 attests to this fact: “Hear, O Israel: The LORD (YHVH or Jehovah) our God (Elohim, plural referring to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, who were all individually called God), is ONE (united) LORD.

For example...

ONE IN UNITY is used in the case of Gen. 2:24, when the husband and wife were called ONE by God. How can the two in number, be One?

This is possible only in the sense of UNITY. We can understand John 10:30 in this sense, “I and my Father are one.” One in Unity not in number. It is also in this sense that the thousands can be one like the builders of the tower of Babel in Gen 11:6. Even the millions of Christians can be one in this sense according to John 17:21.

The use of “ECHAD” of Genesis 2:24 best explains the “ECHAD” of Deuteronomy 6:4. Therefore, when Moses said that the husband and wife (TWO BEINGS) would become “ECHAD” (one), that is a “collective one” of two beings.” If that is “collective one” of TWO BEINGS, why would you assume that Moses’ usage of “ECHAD” in Deut. 6:4 is a “collective one” of ONE BEING?

When Moses applied “collective one” to God in Deut. 6:4 it was applied to MORE THAN ONE ENTITY. Otherwise, it was an erroneous usage for Moses since “collective one” can only be applied to more than one entity.

I don’t have any problem with the three Persons and in ONE God (Collective ONE, that is). But the issue is this:

Did the Bible say that the BEING of the Son is the SAME BEING of the Father and of the Holy Spirit since the traditional view says God exist as three distinct persons but not separate persons?

I don't think so.

#22 Seve, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
  3. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As I stated previously you hold a gnostic view of God. Jesus said I and the Father are one, Not I and the Father become one. God isn't a plurality of gods becoming one or united in thought as it is with man and woman. God isn't a unified council. God is the first cause, to become something other by joining with another being to become something else would reliquish him as first cause because then he would be mutable and God can not be mutable and the first cause. Echad is the hebrew word for one as in echad, stayim, shalosh, arba, chamesh, shesh, shevah, shmoneh, tesha, eser.... etc... Which means God is one God "shema yisael Adoni eloheinu Adoni echad" "Hear O Israel the Lord our God is one!" which means there are no other gods major or minor.

#23 Thinkingstuff, Aug 15, 2012
  4. Seve

Seve Member

Biblically speaking....

Create (ex-nihilo) - God, the Father, thru the power of his logos.... create things from nothing.

Making / Forming - physically making up things from already existing matters.

Example: Insertions are mine for presentation only....

Genesis 2:4 These [are] the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created (by the Father thru the power of his logos), in the day that the LORD God (Son) made the earth and the heavens, (thru the palm of his hands)

Thanks

5. Seve

Seve Member

Scripture says No man knows the name of Almighty God Father even to this date, until one overcometh in the end - only then the name would be written and revealed as promised by the Son.

Look and read:

Revelation 3
    12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

IF YHVH is the Father himself, then Jesus is only pulling our legs -- promising to reveal the name of his God... when it is already documented in the Scripture (OT). Would that be the case, of course not .... unless of course, in addition, all of you have already overcometh the end of this world?

Ephesians 3
    14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, v15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

Revelation 19
    12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, THAT NO MAN KNEW, but he himself.
    13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Based on the above Scripture..... No one knows the name of the invisible Almighty Father, at this time.... and I agree.

Thanks

#25 Seve, Aug 15, 2012
  6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

God is invisible.
    Jesus is God made visible.
    Jesus was with God in the beginning.
    I believe Jesus was God made visible from the beginning.
    Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

From what I gather from your posts, it sounds as if we have the same beliefs about this. If that is the case, then I am glad to meet someone with whom I can study this more.

7. Seve

Seve Member

Thank you very much!!! It's nice to be accepted even though we might vary a little bit our understanding.

And may the good Lord share you more wisdom and understanding of the knowledge of him. God Bless

:godisgood:

8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Thank you. God has shared so much with me so that I can know Him better. It sounds as if you might know the joy I have. I hope to find that we are like-minded in many ways.
    In His love,
    Moriah

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ONE God in three seperate Persons, unity

NOT 3 seperate Gods in agreement
    NOT one God who has 3 modes he manifests Himself in!

10. Seve

Seve Member

Thanks for your religious opinion.

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    not opinion, as that is how the bible describes God!

12. Seve

Seve Member

Note: Insertion is mine for presentation.

Psalms 110:1 The LORD said unto my (David's) Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Who was David's Lord in the Old Testament... when he had this prophetic vision above, YHVH?

If so, who was the LORD... asking David's Lord (YHVH) of Old, to sit down on his right hand ..... ?

Thanks

13. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Where are you Seve? No answer?

14. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Seve, no answer? My response above is to these words by you:

Originally Posted by Seve
    Correct, the invisible Almighty God Father is a Spirit that NEVER change - no physical shape or form... whatsoever.

15. Seve

Seve Member

As you can see in my quote above.... I was speaking of the Divine Nature of the invisible Almighty God Father - who is a Spirit - that never change -- NO PHYSICAL SHAPE OR FORM.

However, in response to your querry above regarding Mal 3:6...about YHVH righteousness that changes not.... Please do not combine apples and oranges. It's a prophesy that took place in the OT... fulfilled in the NT.

I suggest that you read the entire context of your own cited text again.... in order for you to understand the the Lord YHVH was referring to his own attributes of mercy .... to fulfill his covenant of promise to the sons of Jacob... redemption and mercy.... will be open to those who will return back to him after repenting their sins... The covenant or promise will never change.... and redemption will come in the new testament.

:thumbsup:

#35 Seve, Aug 15, 2012
  16. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I know the context very well and I know you do not know what you are talking about! Neither the English or the Hebrew grammar supports your wild interpretation. The subject of immutability is not any attribute of YHVH but YHVH himself "I". He does not say "my righteousness" or "my mercy" but "I change not."

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

seve

Agreed

Who are the us, and was He successful, since He was God !

18. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Again, no response to these scriptures that completely devestate your opinions???

19. Seve

Seve Member

:laugh: lol.... How could you have the audacity to even suggest that you have "devastated my opinion"..... based on your own distored made up premises for fallacious argument? You definitely have a thick skin, alright.

Okay, this will be tha last time I am going to clarify my position... based on your distoreted premises.... for the sake of others and for the sake of exposing what I believe to be blatant dishonesty on your part.

Next time, I will not respond to any distorted premises, except make a notation on it..... therefore, do not even waste your time posting.

Wrong, it does not bother me simply because it is not an assertion on my part but what’s proclaimed by the Lord himself... as documented in the Scripture.

Again, I ask you to read my previous post (below) very s-l-o-w-l-y regarding this same matter.

Your argument about “god” (note: not capitalized) is only based on your own distorted made up premises. Where do you see in my post that suggest in your insinuation… denying the Father as God? Obviously, you are twisting what was said and being dishonest about it… tsk… tsk… tsk…

Where do you see in the Scripture that …. YHWH denies any “God” (note: capitalized word - God) existed before him, beside him or that he knows of any God except him?” Obviouslly, this is another distorted made up premises aimed only for fallacious argument.

Besides, the context of the cited text indicate that he (YHVH) is the only God physically FORMED for us to worship and witness.... NOT that they should worship graven images, idols or pagan gods.

Again, try to listen to other' rather than pretending to be a smart person that you are not. :BangHead:

Again, get somebody to help you understand what you are reading. I have already posted previously that the invisible Father brought forth the Son before the world was. Look again and read.

As I have posted, the Son was brought forth into this physical world from the invisible realm of the Almighty Father... when he commanded and said in the beginning before our world was.... LET THERE BE LIGHT"

20. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The problem with your whole approach is you are rellying on your own ability soley to understand scriptures. Which it seeems is not a good thing for you. It is clear by your interpretation of Revelation three that you have misunderstood what you quoted. As we see throughout scripture begining in Genesis as God reveals himself to humanity, God's people give him new titles reflecting how God has dealt with them. And the more time passes and God has revealed more of himself the more titles he aquires.
    For instance God begins to be simply known as Elohim or God emphasis on power. Genesis 1:1. Then he's revealed as Adonai emphasising Lordship. Then he's revealed as YHWH referencing Salvation then he's revealed as Maccaddeshem or sanctifier, then he's revealed as Rohi or our shepherd, then he's revealed as Jireh or our provider and with each instance of him interacting with his people and they discover more about God they apply a new title. Thus in revelation when a new title is given for his greatness and salvation that is applied to those who are his. That's why it is a new name rather than an unknown name.

Haven't you heard that God puts his name on those who belong to him?

I think you need to read that passage again. You left out a few things.
    The passage is clear the same person that is said to have
    is also the same person who is named
    and
    . It is the same person. Not a different entity he is revealing the "secret name" for but a new name for himself a new title that he is in the process of gaining for himself. This "secret god" of yours is a distinct gnostic idea. That there is a secret knowledge which only the enlightened can know. You have misapplied scripture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.