1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why ACSI....?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by TCGreek, Oct 16, 2007.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Guys,

Why Are Regionally Accredited Schools a part of ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International)? Do they need that recognition? For example, I found this on Cornerstone University website: http://www.cornerstone.edu/about/

"Accreditations: Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Michigan State Board of Education and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), National Assoication of Schools of Music (NASM), Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)."

2. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bro. Greek Response

Hey Brother Greek,

I hope you are well.

Having come myself out of the "Bible College" school movement, I might make a couple of observations.

First, it just may be a holdover from the times before the school was RA (Regional Accreditation). I know that my little Bible college, formerly Mid South BC, was desperate for RA. And it seems, if I remember correctly, that they held on to the "Bible college" accreditation after they won the RA.

Secondly, many of the Fundamentalists churches and denominations are fearful of the RA designation. It appears to be "too worldly" for them. It may be that Cornerstone wants all their constituents to know that they have not, and will not, move from their heritage and moorings.

FWIW file.

sdg!:thumbs:

rd

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I didn't dig around the site much due to time contraints, but it may have to do with their teacher education program. Working with ACSI closely can help to ensure that their teachers have ACSI accreditation at graduation which would be a HUGE plus to those teachers wanting to enter ACSI accredited schools.

I didn't have teacher licensure when we moved to NC because my undergrad was not not in education. I had to get THAT and ACSI licensure at the same time and it about killed me. ;)

Just thinking off the top of my head.

#3 mcdirector, Oct 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2007