1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why admission at Pro sports is so expensive

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Salty, Jul 26, 2019.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NFL football is becoming unwatchable on TV. Commercials, commercials, commercials. Then add in the mystery known as pass interference, a penalty that apparently no one can consistently describe or referees can consistently call correctly. Then add in coaches challenges where anybody watching at home can see via the 20 times they show the replay the officials got the call wrong. It all adds up to a frequently interrupted game while people look at replays to decide what should happen on the field.

In general the officiating in the NFL is terrible. Makes the game unwatchable.

I happened to see a call in yesterday's Packers/Bears game where the Bears player tackling the Packer guy receiving a punt knocked the ball free and the Bears recovered the fumble. But the officials ruled the tackler had contacted the punt receiver before the ball touched his hands. Replays clearly showed this was not the case, yet the officials called a penalty against the Bears and gave the ball to the Packers.

See it here at the 12 second mark.

2. alexander284

alexander284 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nevertheless, I still enjoy watching NFL games on TV. To each his own.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

When I was figuring all that in my head - (couldnt find my calculator_ I just knew there was something wrong....
    But I couldnt put my finger on it.
    Thans for the correction