1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why are chickens being exterminated

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 2
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just seems to be one big, giant problem after another nowadays. I so long for Christ Jesus to return and replace this corrupted heavens and earth, as we know for sure that this entire sin-cursed earth is going away:

2 Peter 3:10-13 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As well as Matt 24

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "...they knew the reason for the outbreak: too many birds too densely packed in too many houses too geographically close together...."

Bingo! Our [guarded] flock free ranges on 6 acres and are healthy, hardy, happy, and lay plenty of eggs for us and our family and select friends and neighbors (always good to win friends and influence people). :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    is it because they refused to cross the road?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They belong to kyredneck, they would never cross over to the other side!!

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the question is why didnt KYredneck share the good news with his chickens?????

8. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well actually we did have one dummy that made it through/under or over the fence last summer and became chicken road pizza...

#8 kyredneck, Mar 15, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 3
  9. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Such is the fate of all who cross THE kyredneck!!

BTW, first I’ve heard of chicken road pizza. I like it!

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
  11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does Pineapple go with it?

12. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ask SpongeBob.

13. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First time I've seem someone other than myself quoting Joel Salatin on here :).

First off, Joel is not unbiased, he's a regenerative farmer ("Small" scale 20,000 birds/yr, eco-friendly, permaculture) based out of Virginia just a couple hours north of me. Joel and I actually use the same feed supplier. He has been banging the drum of Industrial Ag being ungodly, evil, and causing more problems than it fixes. I've got a bunch of his books, my favorite of his is "Everything I Want to do is Illegal", and we farm the way he does (mostly).

Secondly, he's right. Densely-packed poultry, in environments they're not made for, are extremely susceptible to disease. God made sunlight kill viruses in the air. When you keep chickens indoors (or humans indoors with COVID) disease spreads easily because they're not outside in God-created nature.

Here's the real important part:
    Joel is also correct that when one bird comes down with avian flu, the USDA (Pronounced US-DUH) exterminates the entire chicken barn of thousands of birds. They are not allowing natural immunity to build up! There are birds that would've survived the avian flu and had immunity, but Big-Ag has got so many flocks lined up in production to produce the next batch of Cornish Crosses that they don't want to change. So as a result, because Big Ag refuses to change, us small farmers have to effectively SUBSIDIZE them by letting the USDA cull any birds of ours that are sick instead of letting sunlight, and natural immunity do its job. It's crony capitalism.

Eventually an outbreak will occur that we can't contain. And God will force natural immunity upon all the chicken houses in the U.S and there will be a shortage of chicken so massive that us local, small farms are going to be flush with customers as the grocery stores will be empty of chicken.

Why Big Ag doesn't let Natural Immunity occur:
    And if you're wondering why Big Ag doesn't want to invest in Natural Immunity it's because of how the Cornish Cross is bred. A Cornish Cross chicken is a 3rd generation offspring of a specific 2nd generation offspring. It works this way:
    1. Two chickens are crossed and produce Generation 1
    2. A Generation 1 chicken is crossed with another kind of chicken and produces Generation 2
    3. A Generation 2 chicken is crossed with another kind of chicken and produces Generation 3, which is your Cornish Cross
    At any time in the poultry growing process there are Generation 1 flocks, Generation 2 flocks called Genetic Stock Flocks, so Big Ag has got a lot invested in this particular breed and they don't want it disrupted by natural immunity because then they'd have to begin breeding from scratch with some naturally immune chicken parents and restart everything. I say tough noogies. That ought to be a risk of their business plan, and by not taking on the risk the Government is preventing the little farm from successfully competing.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Years ago when I had temporarily relocated near a city for a short time, I had a much smaller flock of chickens, maybe 80 or so. Every morning I'd drive my old 1994 Chevy K1500 to the chicken coop and refill water and feed. One day I noticed a chicken had gotten out and when I looked for her she had disappeared. I figured it was odd, but had to drive to work, so I fired up the old farm truck and drove to my software job in town.

Well, after the work day was over, I'm walking to the parking lot where all of the fancy Teslas, BMWs, Lexus (and my old 1994 4x4 muddy farm truck) was parked and I see that chicken running around the parking lot. I wound up catching her in my work clothes with the help of a lady coworker. That bugger must have tagged along inside the wheel well of the truck. Wound up driving home with a hen jumping around my front bench seat in the farm truck.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is one of the best stories I’ve ever heard. I hope the hen laid an egg on the way home.

very nice

peace to you

16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pineapple in pizza? What manner of madness is this!!!!!

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is a hard enough situation without bringing the whole “ pizza pineapple “ theological controversy into it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I use the chicken crap to fertilize my garden, my trees and shrubs … great source of nitrogen. Also fresh eggs are way better than store bought. Lastly, just put on a new roof on the hen house so now I will repopulate… the old rooster will have something to stow about! :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    The lack of grace toward pineapple in pizza is astounding All that salty back bacon needs a sweet juicy pineapple to be perfectly paired. The pharisaical treatment of pineapple is noted. :Cool

• Like Like x 1
  20. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salty back beacon alone, generously spread across the cheese alone, baked on a medium crust alone.

peace to you

• Funny Funny x 2