1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

why are MV believers ruled ...?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Broken Clay, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

First, let me say that I am not very appreciative of your "assumption" that MV users "unleash a birrage of dates and catechisms designed only to impress others of their academic prowess." This is simply in your head.

The reason? Because YOU cannot answer the basic questions that we ask of all KJVonly believers.

You HAVE no scriptural proof that God said He would preserve His word in the English language. We are arrogant if we think that English was the language blessed to hold this distinction.

So, go ahead and launch your discussions on scripture to support KJVonlyism. I can hardly wait. But, I'm certainly not holding my breath as my odds of dying while waiting on KJVo scriptures is about 99.999% against it.

Sure you are going to say He preserved His Word, I have no doubt about that and I just got through listening to my pastor read a lot of it from his NASB tonight. [​IMG]

2. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

And of course the translators accomplished their goal—no one is denying that fact. But some of us also believe that the KJV is true, even Gen. 1:26,

Gen. 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

And if this verse is true, there can be no doubt whatsoever that God gave man enough intelligence for him to be able to radically improve upon the King James Translation of the Bible during a span of almost 400 years! Both the Bible and biblical scholarship testify beyond any doubt whatsoever that He did. In terms of both accuracy and readability, there is no question but what the NASB is a radical improvement over the KJV. The premise that the KJV is “the perfectly preserved Word of God” has its basis in ignorance, lies, and superstition. The premise that the KJV is the most accurate translation of the Bible available today in English has its basis, in my opinion, on precisely the same things.

[​IMG]