1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Are SOME "No name" theology posters "Afraid" Of the Armianist Theology label?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bingo!

Synergism: the doctrine that the human will cooperates with the Holy Ghost in the work of regeneration.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...what calvinists believe. They just believe God must change your will and grant faith for you to use in cooperation with the Holy Spirit, something primitive baptists do not believe.

Only the PB's are true monergists.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I assure you that the majority of Calvinists believe that only those that are alive can perform a function of the living.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Red Herring. Whether you believe one is regenerated and given faith in order to cooperate with the Holy Spirit or not, the point is man is still the one who is cooperating with the Holy Spirit. That is synergism.

PB's hold to the elect being eternally saved apart from faith. Like I said, this is the ONLY true monergistic position. The other claims monergism, but it is a faulty understanding of what monergism truly is.

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

We are set apart by the Spirit, sanctified, unto obedience, and unto the sprinkling of the precious blood that alone saves. That's how God leads us to cooperate with Him. So, again, it is all Him and Him alone. 1 Peter 1:1-2.

PB's aren't the only true monergists, if they are, then I have PB DNA. :)

- Blessings

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yes. And God GIVES the faith that we use to believen and God CAUSES us to use it.

That is monergism.

There is no real cooperation there.

7. preacher4truth

Amen.

If there is "cooperation" it was happy cooperation on my part. :thumbsup:

8. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

If man plays NO part whatsoever in salvation means monergism, then put me down as a synergist.

9. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Not necessary- we already did that.:thumbsup:

10. preacher4truth

The only thing we give God is our sin. Your part was that God softens the heart, and then a person is able only ienabled to obey by the Spirits lead, "unto obedience" then to the "sprinkling of blood." We aren't free in our wills, we aren't free until we are born-again, John 8:32-...

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1. I haven't read through this thread yet, only the OP, which I see as inflammatory. It is something a troll would do.

2. People don't have to put a name to their theology. They would rather refer to it as Biblical theology. We follow the Bible as the Holy Spirit guides us.

3. If we are going to fling names are perhaps we should all call you "Augustinians," the forerunner of Calvin. He got many of his ideas from him. How can you claim to be followers of men and hold to sola scriptura at the same time.

4. The question is fairly asked: Are you a reformer first, or a Baptist first. Sometimes I wonder.

5. And after this OP, which is really derogatory IMO, you can't even spell "jesus" (sic) correctly with a capital "J" as it should be. Doing so brings disrespect to our Lord's name.

6. One more thing the post looks like you are either ignorant or naive that all non-Cals are Arminians, which they are not. That really makes you look foolish.
    We follow the Bible not a man's theology. As for myself don't try to box me in with another man's theology; you can't do it.

#31 DHK, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011
  12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think the point has been made on this thread that there are those who do not understand what monergism means.

13. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup:
    Enjoy Luke, you know how rare these are from me. :)

14. preacher4truth

I agree with the Jesus part, although I think he intended nothing bad by it.

But the bolded and underlined part? Not so much.

Not needed at all.

#34 preacher4truth, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.