1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why are the "Super Rich" supporting Obama?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Oct 29, 2008.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The "Super Rich" such as Warren Buffet, George Soros, Martha Stewart, The CEO of Google, and possibly Bill Gates are supporting Obama. WHY?

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

They want CHANGE!:laugh:

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I would guess because they think he's the best candidate.

4. OldRegular

They apparently have the means to shelter their wealth from Obama's taxes. They could be patriotic as Biden suggested and voluntarily send in a few billion extra. As for Soros we know that he seeks the destruction of this country as a beacon of liberty.

5. OldRegular

These people are not stupid! The only qualification that Obama has is a slick tongue, unless you want to consider his Marxist associations and beliefs.

6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember when Slick Willie was caught and got snowed for his $50,000-a-plate Hollywood dinner? I wonder how many of those Hussein has gotten by with.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By looking at his tax proposals, they can see that he plans to impoverish the middle class.

They have enough money to ignore his redistribution schemes and will grow even richer because of it.

8. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

They already understand the double speak!

Under Obama...... the rich will get richer and the poorer will get poorer.

And under Obama, the division will become so disproportionately magnified that the unrest may lead to riots and carnege, slave labor for the prison camps and death in the streets..... thereby reducing our population more quickly than abortion and giving them fewer headaches.....um, I mean citizens to pry them with needs and demands......

Sorry bout the sarcasm...... wasn't meant personally.

9. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Also the rich are securing their protection, if not also their participation, against the tryany of government which wll lead us 'forward'.

That is why JM is very careful and indirect if not completely guarded against attacking the O. Both of them are very aware of the power which the laws they have passed has given to the office of the Presidency and the ones who advise and head departments.

10. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Where is your reading comprehension........?????????????????????

11. OldRegular

They may be smarter than me but my salvation in Jesus Christ will not allow me to vote for one such as Obama He is a Marxist, an abortionist, and voted against a law that would protect those alive after an abortion. I say Obama is a liar and blasphemer. As for those that support him they will deserve what they get.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Two reasons....

They believe they are their Brothers keeper and they agree it won't hurt them to give another 3%.

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Don't feel left out, we'll share if he wins... :laugh: :thumbs:

14. billwald

billwald New Member

The super rich named are paper asset new rich. The real super rich are people we never heard of, mostly Europeans. In the US, maybe the Rockefellers.

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

LOL, thats easy, they know they get to keep whats theirs, and yours, redistributing the wealth, to them. Higher taxes for us, lower taxes for them.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

:rolleyes:

So, supporting higher taxes makes them beacons of altruism ?

17. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know why they support him but : "they agree it won't hurt them to give another 3%."

may be why Buffet supports him. I've heard him a couple of times saying that the rich should be doing more. He uses his secretary and office help as illustrations - they are in a higher tax percentage than he is and has verbalized the unfairness of it.

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Ya betcha... :thumbs:

19. targus

targus New Member

But apparently he doesn't think that it's so unfair as to justify him giving them a raise to make up for it.

Also they are in a higher tax bracket because unlike him they do not have the opportunities to shelter their income the way that he does.

But apparently he doesn't think that it's so unfair as to justify him giving up his tax shelters.

20. rbell

rbell Active Member

So my helping the poor through volunteering my time at homeless shelters and food kitchens...and giving through my church...is less valid than those who "help the poor through government?"