1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why are there so many even Christians afraid of Judgment Day?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Hobie, May 30, 2020.

1. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are those who say there is no day of judgment and reject the plain truth of scripture and worse, those who claim that they can continue in the bondage of sin, and full of iniquity, as just because we claim to be Christian we are covered. But the Bible teaches that truth in the whole of Gods Word matters, and the Law is part of Gods character, and just because we say we follow God, we do not get a wholesale license to sin.
    Others say but Christ died on the cross, so I can continue in sin, as doesn't that cover it, well I like this from my buddy Amo...The victory is sure, yet He has not made an end of sin yet. While sinners still remain, there is no end to sin. Thus God has appointed a day when all sin will end, and those who have refused to let go of it, will perish with it. Sin produces death, and death is the last enemy to be destroyed.

1 Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
    23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
    24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
    25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
    26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
    27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
    28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

So the wages of sin is still death, but people just want to hear the easy path without even thinking about it, but there are consequences to that as Jesus made clear..

Matthew 10:14-15
    14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15 Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

Matthew 13:41
    The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

God cares about everything His children do, and it matters...

Matthew 12:36
    But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

God knows that Satan will come to temp them and He will protect them who are truly His children, but those who love sin will have to face Gods Judgment Day at the end...

2 Peter 2:9
    The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

But the Judgment Day also applies to those who accept Christ and follow him...

1 John 4:17
    Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Revelation 3:5
    He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

So many who think Grace allows them to sin all they want, or the Commandments mean nothing, or pick only the parts of the Bible they want and reject the other, or pick up false ideas of Universalism or in "Once Saved, Always Saved", may be surprised at Judgment Day that their name is not in the Book of Life.

Revelation 20:15
    And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Now if Christians are willfully ignoring or rejecting what God gives us in scripture and continue in sin and iniquity, its clear what will happen on Judgment Day?.

2. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But we have an advocate....

1 John 2:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
    1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
    2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
    3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

3. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please provide the Biblical reference to the judgement day when Christians will be judged and the eternal result of their judgement.

• Like Like x 2
  4. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why are there so many Christians who refuse it could happen this year, and has already started?

There have been definite signs for 72 years. There have been signs for over 100 years.

Revelation 6:7-8

7 When he broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living being say, “Go!”
    8 I looked, and there in front of me was a pallid, sickly-looking horse. Its rider’s name was Death, and Sh’ol followed behind him. They were given authority to kill one-quarter of the world by war, by famine, by plagues and with the wild animals of the earth.

The church is being unsealed. The church is the Lamb's book of life. The church and firstfruits are all those from the fall until the 7th seal.

If you reject this fact, you reject the Atonement that Jesus Christ accomplished on the Cross. The least you can do is tell a few others they can be saved even if you yourself reject it. Wolves in sheep's clothing warn the lost, then confuse them with doctrine. But you have to preach the Gospel first, before you can corrupt it. That is just how God set it up, so we fallen humans can decide for ourselves.

Now, who is that 4th living being?

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sda states that you well not have Him as that in Judgement!

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do People Create Threads that are Strawmen?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Scripture is clear on this...

2 Corinthians 5:10 King James Version (KJV)
    10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Ecclesiastes 12:14 King James Version (KJV)
    14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Christ speaks of it...

Matthew 10:15 King James Version (KJV)
    15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Matthew 11:22 King James Version (KJV)
    But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.

Matthew 12:36-37 King James Version (KJV)
    36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
    37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned......(And many more..)

We see who the accuser is...

Revelation 12:10 King James Version (KJV)
    10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

But those who turn their lives over to Christ, can have boldness on that day...

1 John 4:17 King James Version (KJV)
    17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

8. Wesley Briggman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for your reply.
    However, the scriptures quoted are confusing. For instance, the quote below is not addressed to the Church, therefore I do not consider it to apply to your previous post; "its clear what will happen on Judgment Day".

Which "judgement day" applies to the Church?

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    To watch them burn?

• Like Like x 1
  10. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do some humans use human philosophy and logic?

11. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Its to everyone, so not sure why you would say that.

12. Wesley Briggman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just to make sure I understand your beliefs, all of the scripture you refer to in post #7 applies to everyone, born-again and not born-again?

Based on your reply, I will share what I have been taught and believe about judgement days and to whom they apply.

13. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am reading from the Bible, you need to see and hear what it says not what man or his tradition give...

14. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 8:1,12,18,24,28-39 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Wesley Briggman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wesley Briggman said:
    Just to make sure I understand your beliefs, all of the scripture you refer to in post #7 applies to everyone, born-again and not born-again?

Based on your reply, I will share what I have been taught and believe about judgement days and to whom they apply.

Will you stop reading the Bible for a minute and answer my question re-posted above?

16. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If Scripture was so clear, why are there so many, many evangelical churches all claiming to have had the truth revealed to them by the Holy Spirit? Is the holy spirit schizophrenic?

17. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Who decides who is born again and not born again is the issue, again this is not mans area too decide. Christ is clearly the one and we find this...

Acts 17:31 King James Version (KJV)
    31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Its crystal clear we all shall stand before the judgment seat of Christ:

Romans 14:10 King James Version (KJV)
    10 But why dst thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

#17 Hobie, Jun 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  18. Wesley Briggman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You state: "Its crystal clear we all shall stand before the judgment seat of Christ:" If by "we" you mean Christians, I agree. However, taken in context, I am not certain if you include the unsaved in that judgement.

Judgement of born-again:
    What are all the different judgments in the Bible? | GotQuestions.org
    "The judgment seat of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:10). Resurrected (and raptured) believers in heaven will be judged for their works. Sin is not in view at this judgment, as that was paid for by Christ, but only faithfulness in Christian service. Selfish works or those done with wrong motives will be burned up (the “wood, hay, and stubble” of 1 Corinthians 3:12). Works of lasting value to the Lord will survive (the “gold, silver, and precious stones”). Rewards, which the Bible calls “crowns” (Revelation 3:11) will be given by the One who is “not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him” (Hebrews 6:10)."

Judgement of not born-again:
    What are all the different judgments in the Bible? | GotQuestions.org
    "The Great White Throne Judgment (Revelation 20:11–15). This final judgment of unbelievers for their sins occurs at the end of the Millennium, before the creation of the new heaven and earth. At this judgment, unbelievers from all the ages are judged for their sins and consigned to the lake of fire."

19. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Everyone will be judged, or else where is the justice of burning a innocent or with nothing to show to the universe and for the saints to see when they check the books in heaven during eternity. Remember, the dead will have to judged as both the just and the unjust will be resurrected, one for eternal life the other for damnation...

Acts 24:15 King James Version (KJV)
    15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

John 5:28-30 King James Version (KJV)
    28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
    30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

20. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Isaiah really hits dead center on this issue...

Isaiah 33:13-14 King James Version (KJV)
    13 Hear, ye that are far off, what I have done; and, ye that are near, acknowledge my might.
    14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

Isaiah 33:22 King James Version (KJV)
    22 For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; he will save us.