1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why are you a Baptist?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Old Union Brother, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drfuss

drfuss New Member

I am not a five point Calvinists. I think you missed my point. Perhaps I was not clear.

I was presenting the way the Classic and Wesleyan Arminians (both do not believe in the doctrine of eternal security) view the differences between a one point Calvinist and a five point Calvinist; the same way those who believe in the doctrine of eternal security view the differences between those who don't believe in eternal security.

Here it is again:

"On the other hand, those who don't believe in the doctrine of eternal security, consider the differences between a one point Calvinist and a five point Calvinist as only semantics," also.

2. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Think that there are MANY here on the BB who simple refuse too see that there ARE Arms on this board who somehow seem to "forget" that their theology teaches no eternal security and that they also forgot that even their system teaches that man is a sinner that needs God to extend Grace towards them in order to be able to believe!

Almost like they see it as being a "dirty" word to be labeled as an Armianist in theology!

#62 JesusFan, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2011
  3. IAMWEAK_2007

IAMWEAK_2007 Member

I didn't choose to be a baptist, I believed God chosen me to be a baptist.

I won't forget the moment when I'm always running away every time a baptist wants to capture me.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been reading BB for about 9 months now. Perhaps I missed it, but I don't recall anyone saying that someone can lose their salvation. Can you name someone that holds to this belief? Or link to a thread?

5. JesusFan

was just stating that IF one holds to either a classical arm/weslyan arm, that theology holds one can lose their salvation!

6. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

I am a Baptist (SBC) because the Baptist Doctrine is the nearest thing to Biblical Teaching available in my town. If there were a Presbyterian (PCA) here thats probably where I would worship.

7. drfuss

drfuss New Member

Classic Arminian
    To forfeit - To make a decision to give away (of give back) something you have. (an intentional decision is required)

Wesleyan Arminian
    To lose - To separate from something you had, because of negligence. (not intended, no decision involved)

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO, you said

...there ARE Arms on this board who somehow seem to "forget" that their theology teaches no eternal security

So you say there are people on BB that believe they can lose their salvation. Please name three of them.

9. JesusFan

I am saying that there appear to be some who hold to arm theology, but refuse to agree with own theology on security of believer!

10. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Who are these Arminians? We keep hearing about them, but I haven't heard anyone say they are an Arminian. I hear Calvinists say that there are Arminians, but they can't seem to point one out.

The Calvinists on this board are way too concerned about theological labels. They label themselves as Calvinists and therefore think that everyone else must have a label as well. They believe that if someone is not labeled a Calvinist, then that person must be labeled an Arminian.

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, name three of them.

12. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Good for you, and I also believe what was taught while Jesus was on earth, and to whom He was talking at that time. Jesus is emphatic in Matthew 15:24, "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. " At this time the "Kingdom is at hand".

I can find in the Bible where Jesus talks to the Gentile also, but His message to us does not come until after Damascus Road. That "Kingdom is at hand" was put-off, and cannot come now until those in the Body of Christ are resurrected, and some of us are snatched up to be with Him in the air. I believe Jesus on earth, but the latest Good News comes from Him in heaven. I chose that as given to us from Heaven.

13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, I guess you don't have any names. So please stop making this assertion.

14. JesusFan

So you saying there are JUST Cals and Non cals that post here, NO Arminians in Sotierology?

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are ignoring my request for names and asking yet another question?

16. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that all calvinists believe exactly the same?

17. JesusFan

Just in the doctrine of Sotierology, pretty much!

We disagree on areas such as Eschatology/govt types/baptism etc!

18. matt wade

Please name an Arminian.

I am not a Cal or a non-cal. I am a Christian. You can label yourself something if you wish, but I need no label other than Christian.

19. JesusFan

What model of sotierology would you idenify yourself as being?

Answer not "Christian"

20. matt wade

Please name an Arminian on this board. Please stop avoiding the question.

I would identify myself as a Christian. I don't follow a man generated theology.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.