1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why are you here?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Old Union Brother, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really I dont know, I came in here looking for my DoG!

2. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it is true that debate allows us to think about questions pro/con in our own theology that we probably would never consider by just hanging around with those in our church or fellowship. For me the key to enjoying this kind of activity is realizing that you will probably never change someones mind about their beliefs and the personal realization that I have come to the point in life where I really don't have anything to prove to anyone. A poster on this forum may make a great point but for me it always comes down to personal self-study to verify for myself.

Another thing is I cannot debate long term in these kinds of discussion groups. I really don't have the time for it.

3. Osage Bluestem

I'm here to talk about theology with other baptists various topics. I also just want to fellowship and encourage one another in Jesus.

I am a 5 point calvinist and a baptist.