1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why Are You Up At 2 and 3 AM?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by saturneptune, Oct 13, 2013.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

TC,
    I tried the afternoon shift briefly and never liked it. I preferred the midnights. So, I would get off say at midnight, and as you said, could not get to sleep until 3 am. If one does not make themselves get up at a reasonable hour, it is very easy to sleep until it is time to go to work again. I got much more done around the house on midnights.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Put the Lord's phone number on block until 6am so you can get a full night's sleep. LOL.

Seriously, when I am up in the middle of the night is when I think more about spiritual things than any other part of the day.

As for your last statement, I can relate.

3. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

The older a person becomes the less they should eat, also try eating your last meal of the day around two o'clock. Going to bed on a full stomach will cause you to build up heat and keep you awake. For breakfast I mix one measuring cup of instant breakfast powder in a glass of milk plus one measuring cup of Ensure powder, stir it up and this gives me vitamins and minerals, protein ect. without having to take a bunch of vitamin pills. It is also quick energy. About eleven I eat a chef salad and a bowl of corn flakes & milk with berries, grapes and raisons mixed in. For dinner which country folk call supper I eat a hot meal. I also eat fish or chicken without the skin, I very seldom eat red meat. I do not think all of this will prolong my life, that is in Gods hands but we can choose to live healthy lives or sickly lives.