1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why Ben Carson doesn’t believe in hell

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Zaac, Dec 1, 2015.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Liberal? Please. It is an error in logic. I have explained their error in detail to you. Dr. Carson is not a universalist--he believes that only Christians go to heaven. I am an Evangelical so you probably consider me liberal. Where is your charity?

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I don't need to have charity for people that teach false doctrine.

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I don't imagine that you do. Let's just say for the sake of argument that your human brain of flesh and blood has a perfect understanding of the mind of Christ and everyone who disagrees with you on any point of doctrine is going to hell. Is that a charitable statement of your position?

Look, I don't support Dr. Carson for president in 2016 and I never have but I don't agree with you that you have everything the same as Jesus so help me stay out of your church, please.

4. matt wade

I never said that everything under the sun was an essential doctrine. I said that believing in a literal Hell was essential.

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So anyone who disagrees with you that the doctrine of hell is an essential--and there cannot be no allowance for human frailties on the point--is going to hell and you are defining your belief as an essential and not a peripheral--is that a charitable view of what you are saying with your brain of flesh and blood? Please tell me how to stay out of your church. Dr. Carson and everyone agrees that only Christians go to heaven. The SDA has an error on the nature of hell and what happens to non-Christians. Is it charitable to you to say that you are a Fundamentalist?

6. matt wade

Yep, I am a fundie.

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, okay, I love Fundamentalists--you come to my house this Christmas.

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Ben Carson said he did not believe in a “physical hell”. To say he or the SDA do not believe in a
    “literal hell” is either in gross ignorance or amounts to an outright lie of putting words into Ben Carson’s mouth.

I will address the ignorance if that’s the case but will leave the outright lying to the perpetrator’s own conscience concerning his motives for doing so.

The SDA believe “Hell is a place and state of punishment and destruction, by eternal fire in the second death” – that my friends would be a literal Hell! They clearly believe Hell exists (literally) as a lake of fire where the unrighteous, those who reject God and the salvation of Jesus Christ, are burned up and utterly destroyed in a second death or IOWs permanently destroyed (Annihilation).

To attempt to carry this argument into the dogma of insisting that one who believes in Annihilation does not worship the same Jesus is such a juvenile self-serving doctrine of one thinking of himself and his denomination more highly than he ought to think, that such ignorance it is not worth even addressing, so I will leave it at that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You're again speaking foolishness and trying to make Christ into a liar. If a person is following Christ and trusting as truth His word, there is no reason to think Hell isn't real if you believe heaven is real. If a person's doctrine and "truth" makes Jesus into a liar, then the truth isn't in him and he has trusted in something other than Jesus.

10. matt wade

First, SDAs don't believe Hell exists at this moment.

Second, SDAs have a plethora of other issues as well, not the least of believing that Ellen White was a prophet.

SDAs are not Christian. Enjoy trying to make Carson more palatable, not happening for me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, that was not your argument.

Second, that they believe in soul sleep and judgment and Hell afterward does not support your original argument or its conclusion.

Third, if you wish to change your argument you should first admit to your error of accusation in the original argument.

First, the Pentecostals have a plethora of poor doctrinal issues also and believe in prophets as well. I suppose all of them are doomed in your all-knowing eyes on the same grounds?

Second, who are YOU to judge other’s salvation based on their non-essential doctrinal interpretations?

I’ve already addressed such high-mindedness in my post above.

• Like Like x 1
  12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Politics makes strange bedfellows and you are now in bed with some of the Fundamentalists who think like you. As for your vague pronouncements, it would be insane to consider them systematic theology and you sound like the sort of theologian that Obama is.

13. matt wade

You are the one sounding liberal and ecumenical, as Obama is.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Umm, they are in bed with me. I said a long time ago, when it comes to the Bible, i'm one of the most, if not the most conservative person on the board. I'm a fundie and you didn't even know it.

And you sound like the sort of person who fashions his own version of Jesus Christ into who you want him to be. Like Ben Carson.

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are beating a dead horse, Zaac. Dr. Carson Is incapable in foreign policy and in domestic security issues. So it is very unlikely that Hillary will see Dr. Carson as an opponent. That does not meant that Dr. Carson is not highly intelligent and very likeable--two things that Obama is not. As you know, blacks will always vote Democrat to bring about a bigger welfare state. As for you opinion of the SDA, it has been duly noted and your evidence has been catalogued.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You have obviously only been listening to the conservative rhetoric. To a whole lot of folks, he comes across as a highly intelligent surgeon, but a pure dummy where everything else is concerned. And likeable just isn't a term I'd use for someone with sociopathic tendencies. And like him or not, President Obama graduated from some of the best schools in the country and became a US Senator and President of the United States. There's some degree of intelligence required to pull that off. And people don't fall out crying over unlikeable folks.

And as you know, the racially prejudiced and racists will always vote for whatever they think is gonna keep people of color down.

And as for your opinion on making the SDAs Christians, it is duly noted and cataloged as bad judgment.

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama has told too many lies. Obama has not kept us secure from terrorism. It is doubtful that the Clintons could do any better than Obama. Dr. Carson is nice--something Obama is not.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You're right. He's been asleep at the wheel and has allowed those home grown, right wing extreme terrorists run rampant. I think it may be time to start profiling white men who identify with the extreme right. Let's gather up their guns and send them some place like Texas.
    The CLINTONS aren't running for President. Hillary is.
    That's the brilliance of a sociopath. Folks always think they are nice.
    [​IMG]

19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What makes Obama so evil is the white blood in him, no?

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Blood, generally, isn't white.Thumbsup