1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Biden is the Perfect Pick

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 24, 2008.

1. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

What worries me is whether God is giving us our best leader possible...or is God giving us what we deserve?

AJ

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God gives us the leaders He wills to give us according to His plan.

3. targus

targus New Member

How does this work if so many voters are not Christian?

This seems to be denying free will.

Would you say that this is equally true for all things? Like God gives us the serial killers He wills to give us according to His plan?

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It's easier to blame it on God then admit that we citizens are the ones responsible for the sad state of affairs in the USA. We keep voting for the lesser of two evils so it only stands to reason that we'll keep putting evil people in office. That's not God's doing that ours.

5. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If God gave us what we deserve.......They would be alone again. :tear:

6. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is both. God gives free will and also wills His way as He sees fit. Take the example of Pharaoh. God gave him free will to make a choice, leave the people go or bear the burden of God's wrath. Pharaoh chose to let them go a couple of times but then changed his mind. Sometimes Pharaoh hardened his own heart and sometimes God hardened his heart. There are times when God's will trumps man's will.

God has given the people of this country a free will to vote for the candidate of their chosing. However, God expects people to choose righteously (especially Christians). If they do not as a whole, God might chasen the whole country or He might spare the whole country just because there are a few who do vote righteously...God's will be done.

God could turn this country over to our own unrighteousnesses and allow us to go right ahead and vote in the antichrist himself if He so seen fit.

Whatever God chooses, I do not fear for myself, I know whom I have believed in. I fear for those little children who will suffer at the hands of ungodly leaders. And I fear for those who have taken the name of Christ and do not measure a candidate's worthiness to the holy scriptures. Those who's pocket books or party loyalty is placed above the poor and above the torture and murder of innocent children in their mother's wombs, the very place a child should have the ultimate safety from the wiles of the devil. Shameful! :tear:

God Bless!