1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why bother?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by skanwmatos, Dec 27, 2003.

1. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Why even bother to have a forum when, as soon as a topic really begins to bear some fruit, the Moderator closes it?

I asked Askjo a question and he started to answer which would allow me to discuss his reasons for believing the KJV was the only word of God in English, and as soon as that happened the thread was locked.

Does the Baptist Board have a secret policy of closing any thread which may lead to honest discussion and help some of the participants grow out of their errors? Does the Baptist Board have a vested interest in keeping people in the dark?

2. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    skanwmatos ,

It would help if you could post a link to the thread in question. I did a quick scan of the threads closed in the BV/T Forum and found none that would fit what you described above.

Concerning your questions regarding Baptist Board policy, it would be to your benefit to address the Webmaster or one of the Administrators via "Private Message."

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I closed a thread today, at the request of the person starting it. It was a good thread for a page or so, then it was hijacked into a "he-said/she-said" fruitless debate.

As always, IF you feel an important issue was raised and the thread closed, START ANOTHER directly on that subject.

And don't be paranoid. Just realize the fact: we ARE out to get you. :rolleyes: [​IMG] :rolleyes: