1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why did Adam sin

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Apr 5, 2011.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The reason that so many rebel, reject or what ever you might like to call it, the idea that all sin is a choice and always has been is because it puts the blame for sin on the shoulders of who it belongs. The sinner. If man can just come up with some doctrine that says he has a nature to sin or he is predestined to sin or no one is perfect or what ever other reason man can come up with then he does not have to take the full responsibility for his sin in his own mind.
    Yes he may make the claim it is his sin, but he has an excuse as to why he did it, but not before God as God has made it clear we sin because we choose to sin, not because we have to or are born without the ability not to.

#22 freeatlast, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
  3. quantumfaith

The first half of your statement is obviously true as is possible. The second half is "speculation" based on your theological posture. (Which means it may or may not be true)

4. quantumfaith

There goes the claim...."when you dont believe like me" you just dont believe in all sorts of things like the sovereignty of God. So tired of that one.

5. Osage Bluestem

Actually God had to decree the fall if he is really in control of all things all powerful and all knowing.

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No that is your opinion. It is like creating God in our own image. Or someone saying "I don't believe a loving God would ......"
    Certainly God is all powerful, but we also know that not all things are possible for Him according to scripture HBR. 6:18 just like we know that Jesus did not know everything while He was here according to scripture mark 13:32 .

So without clear scripture to know how He handles his sovereignty and omniscience it is simply speculation.

#26 freeatlast, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
  7. Osage Bluestem

Ephesians 1:11 ESV
    11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Exactly. Under OT law slavery was voluntary when you could not repay your debt. It is wrong to view slavery in a 20th century sense.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes I believe that. I believe it is saying that the inheritance is predestined, not the person for salvation but that we who come receive that predestined inheritance. We who come are predestined in the inheritance, not we are predestined to salvation on an individual bases.

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll try. Let me know if I BINGO!

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Hello dear have a bite.

11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because . . .

. . . After much research, I concluded that the forbidden fruit was a "banana" and after Adam ate that banana, he tossed it aside and later, not seeing it, stepped on the peel and "slipped and fell!" :laugh:

Forgive me, but, there's been so much deep thought and opinions expressed with your posts FAL, that I hope a little humor injected at this point, lightens the moods!

As with your last post (on salvation), this is another good post. :thumbs:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

12. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I Shared in the Last Post...

...way back in the late 60's and through the 70's the Jesus People Movement brought about many great churches, preachers, and more importantly a fanastic revival right here in America. It may actually be that final revival, in my opinion!

Any ways, a bumper sticker came out of that movement that says it all (and it supports the once saved, always saved doctrine):

:wavey: Christians aren't perfect, JUST forgiven! :thumbs:

Sin is something that we can not be free from coming in contact with, and, YES, succumbing to, periodically.

Sin is something like germs, FAL, no matter how hard we work to inoculate and protect ourselves from bacteria and viruses. We find our body invaded. Does that make us a failure? I certainly hope not. What it does for me (getting sick) is discovering something else about my physical makeup that I could have done differently prior to, or during, to help prevent it from happening again. Still, the physical man is subject to germs as much as the flesh is subject to temptation, and being tripped up by that temptation.

That is part of growing in Jesus.

In Matthew 7:13-14, we are told about the two roads we travel in life. One road, leading to hell is wide and traveled by many. The other, more like a narrow path, leads to heaven, but it is difficult (NLT and the NEV). That word "difficult" to me suggests that we are going to not only be tried, tempted, but bloodied by falling in some of the battles we encounter. He also suggested that narrow path is lonely, because there are not a lot of folks traveling that way!

Hope that answers and sheds a little more light on Amy's view.

Pastor Paul :type:

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Very well stated!! AMEN!!!

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Very well stated, Brother!!

Haaaaawwwwwllllllll!!! Jerry Clower style!!

15. alexander9

alexander9 New Member

Surely Adam can be likened to an innocent Child, without knowledge of what is right and wrong. Trusting that the world is all good and therefore the serpent would be truthful?

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Hello alexander. That really sounds good but I am afraid it is not correct. It is true that Eve did what she did because she was deceived, but I am afraid that the same was not so for Adam. What he did was done without him being deceived. In other words he understood his actions being fully responsible.
    1 Tim 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

#36 freeatlast, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
  17. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Corinthians 5:21

Had Adam not sinned there would have been no need for Jesus. This should be considered a fault?

#37 HAMel, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011