1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Did You Become A Premillennialist?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by TCGreek, Oct 9, 2007.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Well, aside from the little trivial, miniscule, unimportant, and insignificant fact that that 'system' seems to best "cut straight the word of truth", it also serves to highly annoy some of my friends who are A-Mill. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    That's one reason! :thumbs:

Ed

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Maybe this is over simplified, but I do not see this as one of those complex issues like free will and the like. How could anyone believe in post, the notion that things are going to get so good Jesus can just walk right in and take over without incident? Please tell me what years this will take place. The amil has no basis in Scripture. Again, for those who believe the saints will preside over that on earth, with conditions as described in Scripture, what years will that be? Maybe I missed the Christ like society somewhere in history. That leaves one choice.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not offended at all. And thank you for being frank with me. What you noticed is my reaction to a little history that exists between me and webdog. I don't have much patience with him, and I'm not good at pretending.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, Allan. That's exactly right. In fact, I was in love with a devout RLDS girl at the time I was researching these things. We were going to marry. It was heartwrenching. She couldn't leave what she saw as truth, and I couldn't deny the things that I had learned. So we said goodbye, and I died.

This was not convenient.

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wikipedia has it wrong.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Last year I went back to take a few courses to finish a degree from years past. One of the courses was an English term paper course. I was shocked how the research methods and documentation had changed over 40 years with the internet. Anyway, the point is, we were not allowed to use Wikipedia as a source for the papers we wrote.

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. Good stuff! Indeed a lot to consider on the subject. Macarthur is a die-hard premil. He ties it all to the sovereign grace of God and thinks on that basis that every Calvinist should join him in the premil camp.

2. Calvinists would have to decide that for themselves based on the Scriptures.