1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why do all unbelievers go to hell?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Jun 19, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

@ Linda

How in the world do you imagine to teach something to a both blind and deaf person? I think this will be pretty difficult....

And what I also don't like are these easy answers. You say that today we have such a great technology which allows us to reach everybody. We still haven't reach everybody today. And what about those which lived 50 years ago? 100 years ago? 200 years ago? Do these people not count? Imagine you had lived and died 200 years ago without every hearing the gospel then I bet you wouldn't be pleased if some christian took this whole issue so easy and simply said that today we have the technology to reach everybody. Even if there is one point in time where we will in fact have reached everything who is alive on this planet right now then this doesn't mean that everything is honkey dorey because millions of people lived in the past and were not reached.

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Oh really now? That’s strange. Can you post where she did again. Am I blind or is my computer missing that response? I sure hope I am not overlooking something.

Here is her first paragraph.

How does this answer whether or not the possibility exist that there will be those in hell that have not heard the gospel?? She mentions ‘modern technology’, but what about the thousands of years without such technology, including those in the OT?

What does the sinful condition of man mentioned in Rom 1:17 have to do with the question?? That verse implies nothing that is usful in determining an answer to my question. Even the fact that latter on Paul tells us the heathen are without excuse for sin, does not equate to ‘hearing the gospel and rejecting it’ does it?

3. gekko

gekko New Member

theres her answer. there is possibility. according to her statement anyways.
    read a little more careful next time.

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: You must indeed be able to divine the thoughts and intents of her heart to get that out of her answer.

5. gekko

gekko New Member

haha. its a little vague i know. but its what you gotta do with Linda's answers... she doesnt give straight yes or no. only alludes to them.

im waiting to hear her response on all this...

6. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Gekko & HP:

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit. (Proverbs 26:4-5)

I'll leave you both to your own folly.

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Do you have a problem?

8. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Absolutely NOT!! Why do you ask?

9. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I thought that your proverbs 26 quote was referring to me, implying that I am a fool.

10. gekko

gekko New Member

thanks for labelling me a fool. really appreciate it.
    a fool is one who thinks there is no God.

dont go thinking thats out of context. if you think so. then re-read what verse you posted. i could say the same for you.

i now ask for an apology.
    thank you.

11. Heavenly Pilgrim

Hey Gekko,
    You said, she said , ...........WHAT??:laugh:

12. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

When one keeps asking "foolish questions", one is seen as a fool. What part of "NO MAN COMETH UNTO THE FATHER BUT BY ME" do you not understand? There are NO EXCEPTIONS for being "mentally challenged, blind, deaf, etc." I gave you and HP answers, you did not accept those answers. Then you made fun of my answers--I have no time for such foolishness.

I do not feel that I owe you an apology.

13. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

More foolishness!! You just don't get it, do you?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

What part of this verse do you not understand?

14. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Linda, you come across pretty harsh.
    Is everybody a fool who does not directly accept your answers?

15. Blammo

Blammo New Member

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

16. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Pro 20:6 Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?

17. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Are you a christian?

18. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Oh boy, I didn't know that we're having the "Are you a christian?" weeks at baptistboard.com :laugh:
    I guess just to make sure that everyone around here is a christian I will start asking everyone wether he is a christian, this will be fun! :type:

19. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Yes, I am a christian. Are you?

Still waiting for an answer.....:sleep:

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1. 2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
    --And they certainly have on this thread.

2. The way to heaven is clear:
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

3. The way to Hell is clear.
    John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

4. The reason for going to hell is clear--see above verse.

5. What about those in those in other nations.
    a. Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

b. Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

c. If you were really that concerned about those in other nations hearing the gospel you would be a missionary to them and do everything in your power to see that they get the gospel. Unfortunately most people pretend to be armchair theologians, and sit back arguing about speculative questions that gender strife instead of actually doing something that will win those who have never heard the gospel before.
    DHK