1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why do British self-described “Christians” support pedophilia?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by MartyF, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My concern has nothing to do with the victims being Muslim. They are oppressed people living without hope. Moreover their sad condition is not recognised by the world's great powers. Read my above quote again. Do you really support such action against civilians? Do you support the arrest & imprisonment of young children - & their maiming & murder by IDF & settlers?

The OP indicates a fear of holding evil Muslims to account because they are Muslims. Should we not hold evil Jews to account for their actions against Palestinian civilians?

Your cited videos in support of Israel against the Palestinians do not address the question. We are Christians.

There is no NT Scripture teaching, prophesying a return of the land promised to Israel to Jewish occupation & control, nor a restoration of a Jewish kingdom. Romans 9-11 discusses the situation of the Jewish establishment, aka Israel, continuing in unbelief. The Jews are assured of acceptance by God if they do not continue in unbelief. Many thousands of Jews did respond to the Gospel, as recorded in Acts. Paul & the other Apostles, as well as Jews scattered by persecution preached to their fellow Jews many having been dispersed centuries before.

When the European Jews were given Palestine as a homeland there was indeed resistance. The Jews were led by well-armed terrorist groups. They expelled many thousands of Palestinians from their homes, both Christian & Muslim, taking over villages & resources. Of course there was resistance, but after 6 years of WW2 the Arab countries were unable to drive the Jews out. Seems they would have accepted a quick victory, but not a prolonged struggle. Palestinian refugees have not been resettled, & many continue in refugee camps. Sadly the neighbouring countries have not allowed them to settle - the argument is that they have a homeland to which one day they may return.

Do you approve of the expulsion of Palestinians living peaceful in Jerusalem so it can be a Jewish city? The demolishing of homes & schools built on land claimed by settlers? Settlement sewage being directed onto villages & farmland? Palestinian water being taken by settlers, even wells being deliberately polluted? Ancient & new olive groves being destroyed? Homes, hospitals, schools utilities being repeatedly bombed? Farmland being sprayed with herbicides?

There are plenty of Christian videos as well as Jewish & Palestinian supporting what I write.

It not simply a matter of history & the Palestinians refusing to accept a peaceful settlement.

In line with the OP I am asking - "Why do the "Christian" world powers accept & support Israel as if it were above the standards of Biblical & common justice? As if the Christ rejecting Jews were to be blessed because they are Jews, & not accountable for their sins?

2. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All the answers to your pleadings are spelled out in the Bible, over & over. Are you Christian or are you of the world? Be honest. It’s imperative.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The simplest answer. They're not Christians at all.

4. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From an Israeli organization linked by -

5. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course they are spelled out in the Bible, over & over. God is concerned with justice without respect of persons.

Please read this report about a PBS objection to a PBS report.

Why should Christians support the godless state of Israel? Many Jews do not.

6. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sad to read that. Look to Jesus, repent of your sin & find your hope in him who died to save you.

8. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am sad for you. You refuse to take Him at His word. Who has a problem? The left seems to have convinced you that His words can be twisted to fit their narrative. Who would do that...........Satan.

9. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you have something to say, say it, and give supporting Scripture.

10. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, I would have to believe your quote was true in the manner presented. As you have given no evidence of "maiming and killing peaceful marchers", I would have to say that it is outright wrong or slanted to the point of being wrong. I didn't bring it up before because I knew your information was false.

A common example would the the "Boston Massacre" which wasn't a "massacre" nor the demonstrators peaceful. Then ensuing trial acquitted most the soldiers. None of the soldiers were considered murderers and hanged. The founding father John Adams defended them.

As for detaining children who "throw stones" - remember the story of David and Goliath. Throwing a stone is a deadly weapon. simple detention is the least of what the soldiers should do.

Skunkwater and tear gassing of homes is quite common in the U.S. for those who are dangerous and need to be apprehended.

You've basically have a big zero.

Sure. You haven't named any yet.

There is no scripture supporting your Islamic claim to the land either. So do you have point?

This is a huge distortion of the truth. This is who the Palestinians collaborated with.

[​IMG]

This is their first leader's beliefs.

[​IMG]

The Jews were there to begin with. They had always been there. Even the "palestinian" leader Arafat came from Cairo.

Palestinians live with Jews in Israel, they fight in the same armed forces, and they elect their own representatives. You need to leave the reality distortion bubble you're living in.

I give my evidence. Where's yours?

You're right. The Arabs will not agree to anything but another holocaust. Is that what you want? The Arabs teach nothing but hate to their children and continue a cycle of bigotry, hate, and intifada wherever Jews are.

The premise for your questions are wrong.

Litigation, courts, judges with people who have no evidence of owning the land.

So, let's try this. You stole my land. I don't have any evidence of it. But you stole my ancestral land. I expect a large check from you in compensation.

What would happen if they did this with any other local government . . . .?

The is the complete distortion I am talking about. This happened on the border with Gaza. Gaza was freed. No Israelis live there. What does Gaza do with their time and money? Try to kill more Jews.

And yes, violently attacking soldiers will get you killed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try listening to this BBC report -
    Palestinian conflict: Diaries of childhood in Israeli military detention

Or this -
    Palestinian toddler burned to death by Israeli settlers in West Bank arson attack

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As long as Iran controls Gaza and uses the Palestinians as pawns to exercise their hate of Israel, there will never be peace.

As long as the Palestinians allow themselves to be used, whatever comes their way from Israel for their attacks on Israeli citizens, is their own fault and to be expected.

One thing they should all know is that Israel will ALWAYS respond to Palestinian terror attacks. Iran counts on it.