1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

why do Full pretierists Take Communion than?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Dec 29, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

You said that communion celebrates the death of jesus, that he already had come

IF we are to take it still, until he comes again,,,

Would that refer to his death or what?

2. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just because we take (or took) communion "until He comes" does not mean we cannot still celebrate it afterward.

Just because Jesus said he would be with His disciples "until the end of the age" does not mean that He would not be with them afterward.

#22 asterisktom, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
  3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Oh no, me too on ignore? Just for being right? Shucks! :laugh:

We hardly knew each other! :wavey:

uh "Peace"?

:laugh:

4. JesusFan

Depends on how you view the "Age", as my Bible says that we are now in Age of Grace, and that it lasts until the "fulness of the gentiles" comes in, and than God will get back to dealing with isreal!

5. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I used to believe that also. But I no longer do. I don't see it in the Bible.

The "age" in the Great Commission, in my view, is the Jewish age. This ended with the destruction of the very means of Jewish worship in AD 70.

There are several prophecies, passages and biblical types that make it virtually impossible for their to be a return to Jewish worship, once it is done away with. For the same reason, there cannot be a return of God getting "back to dealing with Israel."

#25 asterisktom, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
  6. JesusFan

What temple did God show Ezeckiel than?
    And when did all nations of the earth go up to Jerusalem to pay homage to Messiah?

7. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, for one, it is a temple that has sacrifices for sin still going on. The prince of that temple sacrifices for his own sin and the sin of the people. And he will die. Does this sound like something future?

All the nations did in fact go up to Zion - and Zion did go out in to all the nations. This is the spread of the Gospel. I did a 13-part series on Isaiah that covers this very theme:
    http://asterisktom.xanga.com/730209743/index-on-isaiah-articles-with-comments/