1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why do large groups of Christians always seem to fall for such frauds?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by mioque, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billwald

billwald New Member

Maybe because Christians are no smarter than other people?

I thought the thread would be about people getting taken by second rate workers who advertise as "Christian."

2. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Born Again Catholic...

Oh my.

Obviously, you have been fully, and completly brainwashed.

Either that or you are joking and you forgot to put a smiley face or winking guy or something after that so we know not to think you actually believe that.

And of course the Catholic Church hasnt changed since its beginning in the 3rd century, right? 1700 years of teaching "consistently" the same thing, with no changes or additions, right?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you actually believe that, than you are in desperate need of taking the blinders off and taking a good honest look at the thing called the Catholic Church that you think is Gods church.

Would you like me to post a "development of doctrine" chart regarding the Catholic Church? One that shows....century after century...the Catholic Church adding, and changing, and adding, and changing, and adding, and changing, etc?

Stunned,

Mike

3. Born Again Catholic

Born Again Catholic New Member

Mike

The Lord promised that the Holy Spirit would guide us to all truth, thus each generation gettining deeper, fuller, expanding knowledge of our faith and God's truth is expected and prophesized by scripture.

Scripture also promises us that the church will be a "pillar of truth", thus for this prophecy to be true you should be able to point to a Church that has taught a consistent truth since the time of the apostles.

The hallmark of protestant church's is that they change their beliefs, contradicting previously held beliefs, from one generation to the next and as this thread points out one generation gets upset as these new ideas get footholds and initially these people with he new ideas are named frauds but eventually some of these ideas get integrated into mainstream protestant teaching

Contraception is a good example because all Christians denominations interpreted the bIble against contraception and taught agianst contraception until the 1930's. When the Anglicans started teaching that contraception may be ok under special circumstances, the reaction of the Christian world was of disgust and absolute scandal, similar to how the world feels todfay about the Episcopalians (Anglicans) taking the lead in teaching that ordianing practicing homosexuals is a holy act. Now Just two generations later protestants can't phathom that all christianity taught against contraception for 1900 years and see nothing wrong with it. Adjusting previously held biblical reasons against contraception for non-sensical reasons to support it. I see the same result happening with homosexuality within 2 generations virtually all protestant churches will accept homosexuality.

Typically when non-catholics attack Catholics onthe consistency of Catholic teaching beliefs it is not on matter of faith and moral of which a consistent truth has been taught for 2,00 years, but on a matter of church discipline (i.e. celibacy, meat on fridays etc). Or they attack some of the weak men who have served the Church. Scripture promises that the Church will have it bad people and the Lord will deal with them.

4. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

The only one of those guys I'm really familiar with is Warnke.

I discovered him just as God was getting me ready to come to Christ.

As a new Christian, a lot of my early understanding of the Gospel came directly from Warnke.

In the roughly two years before the Cornerstone article came out, I worked for the folks who do the Creation Festival and Christian concerts in and around the Philadelphia area.

I asked Harry and Tim and Kathy and all those guys to get him and they said no. I kept asking. They kept saying no.

One day they pulled me aside and said that the reason they wouldn't hire him was "creibility problems" and left it at that.

The CCM machine down in Nashville knew very well what was going on for at least two years before it was made public and they continued to promote him.

I was shocked. I really was devestated. Not because I had the guy on a pedestal or anything, but because he seemed to get such a pass from everybody, even after doing some really vile things.

Of all of the famous preacher scandals over the last twenty years or so, his disturbs me the most.

The other guys were nuts and would say outrageous things but Warnke, he was a real guy who was pretty faithful to the Gospel.

What's it been? Fifteen years? I'm still not sure what to say.

What's sad is that he claims to have been restored, but he's right back telling the same lies that got him into trouble in the first place.

5. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Thank you Born Again Catholic for answering my question. [​IMG]

6. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Me too - Mike Warnke is the only one I've heard of. I saw him at First Baptist in Atlanta (Dr. Charles Stanley's church) back in the 1980's. I remember everyone was so impressed with his testimony, and I still have one of his albums (somewhere).

7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A publicly made letter on this matter:
    https://www.eaec.org/desk/08-11-2011-Roland-Rasmussen.pdf

I was a member of Faith Baptist of Canoga Park at that time. (I was a member from summer of 1970- to fall of 1978)

#47 37818, Aug 24, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread 16 years old.

OP not been here in 14 years.

Thread closed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1