1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Do Some Reject While Others Receive Salvation?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by OldRegular, Apr 15, 2005.

1. natters

natters New Member

I have not read this thread until now, and then only this page. I believe God is Sovereign in salvation but man still has a choice to accept. Sovereign God offers, man can accept. Some reject because they don't want it, don't understand it, or don't believe it. Man's role in choosing to accept or decline does not make him sovereign in salvation, for man's choice would be moot without sovereign God's offer in the first place.

2. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Wes

I gather from all that you have posted that the final decision regarding your salvation was yours, not God's. Whether you admit it or not you are making yourself sovereign in salvation rather than God.
    </font>[/QUOTE]There is no way that I can take God's sovereignty from Him! The decision to believe and be saved was given to me by God, who said "I place before you life and death, Choose life", I obeyed God and chose life!

Was that supposed to be a trick question? I asked because there is but one right answer, the one I gave!

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

There is also no way you can save yourself!

Why not just answer the question I originally asked: Why Do Some Reject While Others Receive Salvation?

4. icthus

icthus New Member

Why not just answer the question I originally asked: Why Do Some Reject While Others Receive Salvation? [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]OR, this has been already answered on the first page! :D

5. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I gather from all that you have posted that the final decision regarding your salvation was yours, not God's. Whether you admit it or not you are making yourself sovereign in salvation rather than God. [/QB][/QUOTE]

That is one of the biggest straw men Calvinist have going! It is so incredibly ridiculous as to cause one to go into a coma from hysteria! Who, what , where in this green earth would people define accepting a work already done as a work towards that work?! If salvation was finished on the cross, as Christ said it was, then salvation is a done deal. Offered to the world. The giver always receives the glory! Not the receiver. If I get birthday presents but refused to be thankful for them, because I have to lift my arms to receive them, will not people say I am mad. If I choose to get on a horse and ride it can I take credit for the creating of the horse because I chose to ride it? When my boss gives me a check can I ask him for extra because of the “work” of having to receive that paycheck? If I accept and believe on the work of Christ on the cross do I really get to glory in salvation? I did not (will) make God do it. It was nothing in me but of what was in God, His character that He provided a payment for sin. A work is something that you believe you did to earn salvation. Listen Calvinist and listen close. No one and I repeat no one thinks that the (what you call it, work) receiving part, added, helped, or paid for any part of our salvation. Follow the thought, the reasoning; try to take off your Calvinist blinders for a change.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Why not just answer the question I originally asked: Why Do Some Reject While Others Receive Salvation?
    </font>[/QUOTE]OR, this has been already answered on the first page! :D [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]No it was not!
    :D