1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why do they worship things that look like Mary?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by music4Him, Aug 19, 2006.

1. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I don't know if anyone can answer me this here on the board, but I just seen another artical where workers at a chocolate factory found some drippins that ended up looking like a 2" chocolate Mary. As I read along it says that people began to pray, light candels and put rose pedals around it. Why do they do this just because it looks like a woman (namely Mary whom I assume they think they know what she looked like)??? I know what the bible says about this... I just don't understand these people's actions. Can someone clarify it please. Thank you~ :flower:

Link to story:
    http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=bizarre&id=4472829

#1 music4Him, Aug 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2006
  2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Having given themselves over to worship "at Mary's altars" they have nothing to stop them from worshipping that which "looks like Mary" as well.

3. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Remember Judy Garland & the Wizard of Oz? I was reading a Christian study today when I happened to glance at the carpet. There, before my very eyes, was an image of the Lion character in Oz, from the shoulders up. If I had called the media I'm sure our home would have been overrun. If it had been Mary, a local priest would be outside slinging water at our home. Let's face it, people are crazy. They are easily deceived. Just witness this Chris Angel "Mindfreak" on TV, how they swoon over that jerk. These MT heads have never given themselves over to the Good News found only in Jesus Christ. p.s. For some reason the Lion disappeared after our dog scuffled across the carpet. Shudder.

4. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Question:
    Is it blasphemy if we eat out such Chocolate which looks like Ever Virgin Mary?

People are so eager to find out Idols, eager to make Idols, then to worship the Idols.

Also, they want to have a goddess to worship, even though they excuse they don't worship but just respect. They are scared to access the Holy God.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

A people bound up in false doctrine and idol worship will worship anything I guess, even chocolate.

6. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Well I just got alot of stuff in my PM from someone on this board but still don't understand why these people would light candels and lay rose pedals around the lump of chocolate. What is the signifigance of the rose pedals and candels around this chocolate image?
    I seen on the news theres a sea shell being sold on eBay right now with what the person thinks is a resembelance of Jesus on the inside. How do they know what Jesus looked like 2000 years ago?

7. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

What does an illusionist have to do with the topic? Why the ad hominem attack on Chris Angel? He is an entertainer who performs illusions, and is quite good at it. I guess Sigfreid & Roy were evil also? How about Penn & Teller? Or maybe David Copperfield? Houdini?

8. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

OH NOOOESS!!!11!1 ITZ TEH MAGICKKK!!!11!! ONOSATANZORS11!!!!11!!

9. genesis12

genesis12 Member

If ya don't get it, ya just don't get it.

10. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Translation: "nooothiiinnngg..."

11. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When people made Idols, they didn't call the idol for the Satan, but often they called such idol as God, or any good person or deity.
    For example, Exodus 32:4 and 8 show us how Israel was corrupted.
    They called the molten calf " thy God" ( Eloheika: KJV translated it to gods) who brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
    If we follow the logic of the people who advocate the idol making for Mary, the Israelites at the time of Moses could have excused that they were glorifying God by making the calf idol. But God was angered!
    God said "let me alone, that my anger wax hot against them, and that I may consume them, and I will make of thee a great nation" ( Ex 32:10)
    They didn't deny it was God that brought them out of Egypt and wanted to worship Him with the visual thing, which angered God enormously.

Deuteronomy 4:15-16
    15 Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire:
    16 Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female, 17

#11 Eliyahu, Aug 24, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  12. Inquiring Mind

Inquiring Mind New Member

Where did someone get first idea of what Jesus looked like. There are millions of renditions of what Jesus looked like:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I don't believe in stupid questions, but....

13. Inquiring Mind

I just love the black versions.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He must have looked like the average Jews!

I notice very much variety of the appearance of Mary's statues as well!

15. Inquiring Mind

What did the average jew look like in Christ's day? I think the black version is more in line with the historical likeness of Jews of the day.