1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

why do we even complain

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by massdak, Oct 9, 2003.

1. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

i know i am guilty of always wanting what i think is fair and right. if i have been wronged i will usually complain or go out of my way to see that i am not unjustly accused or done wrong. i pray to be more faithful and not to complain, i will complain when liberals get in office and when i am sick or when i am done wrong, if even a store short changes me i complain.
    i am spoiled and will sometimes whine over my psoriasis on my hands. i would like to be strong in faith and give glory to God for what i consider affliction, i really have no real affliction.

Hbr 11:35   Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
    Hbr 11:36   And others had trial of [cruel] mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
      Hbr 11:37   They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
    Hbr 11:38   (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and [in] mountains, and [in] dens and caves of the earth.
      Hbr 11:39   And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
      Hbr 11:40   God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

2. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

[​IMG] I thought you had tapped into my personal database until you mentioned psoriasis. :D I guess we all have very little to even think about complaining about and if we did, we STILL shouldn't be complaining about it.

Luke 17:10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.