1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why do we teach our children to Lie?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gerald285, Nov 23, 2007.

1. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

Does being lied to as children, about Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy the Easter bunny etc, condition children to grow up believing that Jesus Christ is just another nice story, or
    myth? - especially when Jesus Christ is worshipped as a helpless little babe in the stable at Christmas, and we sing cute carols about the "Little Lord
    Jesus". Does all this help to promote the belief that it is just a nice fairy tail for the gullible?

Millions of parents go to great lengths to prove the lie about Santa and Christmas to their children. They try to keep the lie going as long as they can,
    usually for the initial 6 to 8 years of the child's life. Inevitably the child is crushed with the truth, but the hypocrisy continues, the parents will usually ask this
    child to help them continue the lie to pamper the younger children in the household, and when the. children grow up and have families of their own the
    pattern is repeated. So, we lie, teach our children to lie, and they teach their children to lie. How then can we expect honesty? (See Proverbs 19:5; Isaiah
    44:24-25)

We have all heard that by moving the "N" in "Santa" to the end, it spells "Satan", and "Claus" rearranged spells "Lucas", which is the root word for Lucifer,
    making Santa Claus = Satan Lucifer, and we have all probably laughed at it, but, look at the table below, which compares the myth of Santa Claus with the
    Biblical story of Jesus Christ, at first it will seem amusing, but then you will realize that someone has deliberately created a Secular counterfeit to Jesus
    Christ, which matches His many attributes. Just coincidence?

"And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." (Matthew 24:12)

One of Jesus' End Times prophecies was that the hearts of the people would become extremely cold towards Him. Santa Claus has replaced Jesus Christ
    in the hearts and minds of many children and adults.

COMPARISON BETWEEN JESUS CHRIST AND SANTA CLAUS

JESUS CHRIST: OUR LORD AND SAVIOR ACCORDING TO
    THE WORD OF GOD

1. Has white hair like wool (Revelation 1:14)
    2. Has a beard (Isaiah 50:6

3. Comes in red apparel (Isaiah 63:2)
    Jesus will appear in red clothes. (Revelation 19:13)

4. Hour of His coming is a mystery (Luke 12:40; Mark 13:33)

5. Comes from the North where He lives (Ezekiel 1:4; Psalm 48:2), and
    where Satan wants to reside (read Isaiah 14:13)

6. Is a carpenter (Mark 6:3)

7. Comes as a thief in the night (Matthew 24:43-44)

8. Omnipotent (all powerful) (Matthew 28:18; Revelation 19:6)

9. Omniscient (knows all) (Psalm 139:1-4; Hebrews 4:13; 1 John 3:20)
    The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the
    good. (Proverbs 15:3)

10. Omnipresent (Everywhere at one time) (Psalm 139:7-10; Ephesians
    4:6; Matthew 18:20; John 3:13)

11. Jesus can come in though the doors are shut. (John 20:19; John
    20:26)

12. Ageless, eternal (Revelation 1:8; 21:6)
    13. Lives in men (1 Corinthians 3:16; 2 Corinthians 6:16-17)

14. Giver of Gifts (Ephesians 4:

15. Jesus ascends on high and gives gifts, especially the Gift of Eternal
    life. (Ephesians 4:7-8; Romans 6:23)

16. Jesus gives his gifts according to whether you are good or bad.
    (Revelation 2:23)

17. Absolute Truth (John 14:6)

18. Sits on a throne (Revelation 5:1; Hebrews1:

19. We are told to boldly go to the throne of Grace for our needs
    (Hebrews 4:16)

20. Commands children to obey parents (Ephesians 6:1)

21. Wants little children to come to Him “Suffer the little children to
    come unto me” (Mark.10:14)

22. Judges (Romans14:10; Revelation 20:2)

23. Everlasting Father (Isaiah 9:6; Hebrews 12:2)

24. Christ Child (Matthew 1:23; Luke 2:11-12)

25. Worthy of Prayers and Worship (Revelation 5:14 Hebrews 1:6)

26. Lord of Hosts (Malachi 3:5; Isaiah 8:13; Psalms 24:10)

27. God says, "Ho, ho ... (Zechariah 2:6)

28. Prince of Peace, the Image of God (Isa 9:6; Hebrews 1:3)

2. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

In Job 1:6-7, we are told that Satan walks up and down on the Earth, as if it were a small garden plot completely under his domination. You can see by the
    table above that Satan, the Master Marionette, has been pulling the strings, manipulating, and scheming, leading children and adults love, attention, and
    admiration away from Jesus Christ and toward Santa Claus, who is the epitome' of the love of the world.

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud,
    blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, ......lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;" (2 Timothy 3:1, 2, 4).

From an early age children are taught to love material possessions more than God, and with the love of trying to get as many presents as possible comes
    selfishness and love of oneself. They are taught to go to the wrong source for their wants and needs, and are encouraged to behave rightly throughout the
    year for the wrong reasons. All as a result of loving and believing this pagan myth of Santa Claus.

Saint Nicholas, a fourth century Catholic Bishop of Myra in Asia Minor, who gave treats to children; was canonized by the Roman Catholic Church, as
    patron saint to sailors, pawnbrokers and children. Santa Claus or "Father Christmas" is a corruption of the Dutch "Sant Nikolaas." The red suit comes from
    the fact that Catholic bishops and cardinals in Italy wear red. Also, according to tradition, a poor widower of Myra, had three daughters, for whom he
    could not provide a dowry. On Christmas-Eve, "Saint Nicholas" threw three bags of gold down the chimney, thereby saving the daughters from having to enter
    into prostitution. One bag rolled into a shoe, and the others fell into some stockings that had been hung to dry by the fire. Hence, the beginning of the
    tradition of the "Christmas stocking" or "boot."

But the Santa Claus concept originally came from ancient Egypt. The pagan Egyptian god, Bes, was a rounded, gnome-like personage who was the patron
    of little children. Bes was said to live at the North Pole, working all year-round to produce toys for children who had been good and obedient to their
    parents. In Dutch, he was called "Sinter Klaas." The custom was brought to America by Dutch settlers. In European countries, Santa Claus was originally
    a grim personage who traversed the countryside, determined to find out who had been "naughty or nice." Those who had been naughty were quickly
    switched.

Santa Claus is usually associated with snow, reindeer, and the North Pole, which suggests Scandinavian or Norse traditions of the Yuletide season. In
    Babylonia, the stag (reindeer) was a symbol of Nimrod, the mighty one. Antlers worn on the head of a noble leader symbolized his prowess as a hunter,
    and thereby, influence people to follow him.

Santa is often looked upon as a jolly old man giving gifts to children and keeping the “magic” of Christmas alive, but, the Christmas spirit, is the spirit of lies,
    the spirit of deception, the season when the lonely are made to feel unwanted, when people get more depressed and suicidal, and when the hypocrites are
    generous for a season, celebrating their perpetual lie.

Every year, SATAN has his place of being glorified as the Son of God (Kris Kringle), from the North (Ezekiel 1:4; Psalm 48:2, read Isaiah14:13). As Santa
    Claus, he sits on his throne (Isaiah 14) in all the department stores, where children queue up to ask him for the things they want. By focusing their attention
    on this fat man in a red suit with god-like qualities, children are taught to believe that, just like Santa, God can be pleased with "good works," done in order
    to earn His favor. They are also taught that, no matter how bad they have been, they will still be rewarded by God, just as Santa never failed to reward
    them with gifts.

"..they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." (2 Timothy 4: 4).

Doesn't this prophecy perfectly describe our society today?

Don't teach your children of the myth of Santa Claus. He has become an idol and false god. Exchanging gifts is harmless, but you should teach your children that it is better to give than to
    receive, and that Jesus Christ gave the greatest gift of all, the Gift of Eternal Life! Santa, simply put, is a loser and not needed. Jesus is a winner and needed at the earliest age. There is no need to muddy the waters of truth with teachings that do not build up. It is not enough to just NOT actively teach our children that Santa is not real. The world will teach them he is. We must ACTIVELY teach them that he is false and has no place in the Christmas experience. Keep Christ alone in Christmas and see the blessings that come.
    God Bless

3. Joe

Joe New Member

Santa Clause never hurt anybody :confused:

4. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Studies show that children who are discouraged from having a healthy imagination suffer from all sorts of emotional problems.

They exhibit this by going on Christian message boards and trying to convince people that there is no Santa Claus.

We tell our kids about Santa.

5. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I have no idea. I thought it came naturally, anyway.

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I can see the concern, but I don't know that the concern translates into a real problem. I am not aware of many people who are atheists (etc) because they were told to believe in Santa when they were little. I believed in Santa (etc) when I was little and it never affected my view of God. The same is true for most Christians I know. So, I don't see this as a really big deal. Santa Clause is part of childhood imagination. It is not a lie.

==Come on, let's be serious. Are we really so desperate to have to start re-arranging letters to form some evil conspiracy? If anything "evil" has come from the Santa myth, it is the materialism that has become Christmas in the west. But even that is more of a product of marketing than Santa. Santa was about giving presents (gifts) to children, the west has made it into greed and selfishness.

Santa Clause is named after Saint Nicholas (Saint Nick) of Myra. This man was very generous to children and he later became legend and myth. Santa Clause looks different, and even has different names, in different cultures and countries and at different times. The name Santa Clause comes from the Dutch Sinterklaas. Santa Clause is just a English/America version of the word. There is nothing satanic about the name or the tradition. There is nothing wrong with the Santa myth and fun as long as it remains a secondary part of the Christmas holiday (a holiday Scripture NEVER commands or suggests we celebrate).

O, and your list comparing Santa to Jesus is problematic. You clearly are not aware that Santa dresses differently in different cultures and at different times. The modern American "Santa" image comes mainly from a poem written in 1823 (The Night Before Christmas).

Please! Do some historical study before you resort to the kind of hysterics you have in your post (hysterics which the World Wide Web is full of, as any google search will prove). There maybe real reasons to reconsider the way Santa is portrayed in homes, but that is no reason to call Santa satanic.

Btw, where did you copy/paste your post from? A website, Microsoft Word, or some other place?

#6 Martin, Nov 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2007
  7. bound

bound New Member

Grace and Peace,

Santa Claus (Chris Kringle) is the reworked veneration of Saint Nicholas Bishop of Myra, Defender of Orthodoxy, Wonderworker and Holy Hierarch as the Reformation Fathers discarded the Saints and reworked the calendar. The tradition of 'secret' gift giving stems from him and the traditions which grew up around him.

8. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Right. Our "Santa Claus" is the same guy who whipped Arius.

9. bound

bound New Member

Yes, he jacked him in the middle of an ecumenical council no less. :laugh:

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

11. FundamentalBaptist02

I am of the mind that we can tell our children the stories about Santa Clause and such so long as we also tell them at the same time that these are just stories and are not true.

12. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Rearranging the letters to make Satan and Lucas only works in English.

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

I don't appreciate the accusation. We tell our kids that "santa claus" is a fun game....and we re-iterate that it's a game. They know what Christmas is about.

I almost spewed diet Coke on the screen at the "Santa/Satan" letter-switch thing. A nutjob in Fort Worth near where I lived would walk around town screaming that at Christmastime at area malls. He scared kids and parents alike.

What an absolutely silly notion. Don't wanna promote Santa? Then don't. But quit trying to make parents out to be satanists/liars.

The OP shows a stunning lack of historical knowledge; a stunning lapse of logic; and a stunning audacity to accuse.

The trifecta.

14. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Why do people think satan is such a bad guy? After all, if you rearrange the letters of his name, it spells "Santa"....

15. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I take back everything I said about you in the "beach" forum!

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You need to get a life.

17. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

Remember, the question of whether or not the Santa myth is harmful is an empirical question: what actual results can be quantified? (Hint: none.)

On the other hand, whether or not the myth is blasphemous is a theological question, and the weight of the argument lies with the Scrooges. As for me and my house, Santa never got past our property line while the kids were here, and he's stayed away on his own since.

Such treatment never seemed to hurt the ol' boy, though. A friend just informed me that in her city there is a sign in front of a church that says "Photos with Santa this Sunday, 2-5 PM, $5.00."

Ah-men.

18. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

We don't have to teach our children to lie...they are born with that knowledge! :BangHead:

Pretending there is a Santa, tooth fairy, and Easter bunny is far different than writing it in stone.

Besides...all these people ARE real. I know because they are all ME! :laugh:

19. npetreley

npetreley New Member

You? I guess you haven't heard the 4 stages of men.

1. You believe in Santa Claus
    2. You don't believe in Santa Claus
    3. You are Santa Claus
    4. You look like Santa Claus

I'm stage 4 right now...

20. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: :laugh: ................................