1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why do you hate Gail Riplinger?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Precepts, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I'll continue to support her just as I do everyone of you I come into contact. I will not support your allegations such as you just posted and is only presumptuous banter.

The hatred is for anyone who stands on the KJB, your presumptuous scenario proves it again.

2. Orvie

Orvie New Member

You've demonstrated that you are paranoid. Name any posts anywhere that says anyone hates those who stand for the KJV:kjb. No whither. We DO hate it when arrogant Bible facists stick to myths and add to God's Word by Advanced Revelation...the persons are not hated, only that person's man made myth.
    It appears to me that if and when you are booted off the BB, you can tell your friends, etc "The BB couldn't handle me as I stood for God's Word" Won't you be proud of yourself?

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is your right, Precepts, only please do not post on this thread if you will not discuss the facts raised by others. That is common courtesy.

4. Precepts

Precepts New Member

O.k., but you know I'll have to fight the temptation, so pray I'll receive grace

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Precepts, if you took "Charley" the wrong way, I APOLOGIZE. As a Namvet, it's part of my vocabulary, and it nowadays refers to any other man, & is not demeaning. But that's MY view, and if in YOUR view it's offensive, I apologize for it and will not do it any more.

Now, back to the business at hand:

Any time you begin a thread, expect it to be answered at any time by anyone coming across it, unless a mod closes it. You began the thread, and we, the other readers, assumed you wanted answers for your question.

And I posted evidence showing Riplinger's deliberate misquotes and skewed reasoning. Can you refute that evidence? Do you believe her writings anyway?

As I've said many times before, the TRUTH is more important to me than 'being right' in some debate. And the TRUTH is, Riplinger's writings are largely WRONG. This has been clearly pointed out to her, but she steadfastly refuses to correct herself. It's not as if her errors weren't pointed out to her DIRECTLY.A plain example is her misquotes of Dr. Bruce Metzger.She was confronted by the actual statements by Dr. Metzger from his book, and she still refused to retract her obvious misquotes!If you wish to admire someone like that, go ahead. Last time I checked, deliberately lying was still a SIN!

And you CANNOT blame the anti-Onlyismists for launching the attack upon GAR. The first, and most thorough exposition of her hooey was done by staunch KJVO David Cloud. What I, and several others did was to follow up on the arguments Cloud made, as well as Riplinger's statements, which I took from HER BOOKS, and not second-hand. I checked to see if Cloud had copied them properly, and found that he HAD.

So I spend too much time reading books? Well, that's because I do NOT take the arguments made by men at face value, either for or against any doctrine. That's why I began my KJVO research in a book whose veracity is above question-THE KJV ITSELF. When I found NO supporting Scripture within the KJV, I looked in several other BVs, and found none in them, either. Only then did I look into the writings of men for some answers. I relied more upon those I knew would be neutral, such as encyclopediae and other history books. That's where I discovered that no two English BVs are alike, which led to the logical conclusion that in English God had preserved His word in more than one version.

How has the situation changed today? There are a LOT more people now living, there are modern and rapid printing devices, we have a wealth of info available at our fingertips, & translators can work in most of the world without endangering their lives. Therefore, there are more BVs being made than there were 500 years ago. Now, has God forbidden the translating of His word today? Not according to any BV I've ever read!

Sorry, Sir, but long as GAR refuses to admit her undeniable, deliberate falsehoods, I can only revile her works. If you choose not to do the research yourself, you have no grounds to dispute those of us who DID choose to find out the TRUTH through honest investigation.