1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why does bush warmonger when even his own blood does not believe

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Feb 25, 2007.

1. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have repeated this a few times on here but here I go again. I have served in the AF for over 20 years now and with my Top Secret clearance I have been in on many briefings about our enemys who want to kill us.

99% of the general public still has no clue about all of the details about Iraq, Iran, N. Korea, etc... But many of those same folks sure think they know everything including many on this board who constantly attack my boss and my fellow men and women in uniform.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

From personal experience, and I am as guilty as anyone on the board, the "I was in the military card and know more than you" does not work here.

There are those on this board that were in very intense combat during Vietnam and saw and experienced terrible things. There are those who have been in much longer than 20 yrs. I had a top secret clearance, and aside from helping me get my present job, it is just another piece of paper.

All of that has nothing to do with the fact that each American has the right to express his or her opinion about the way the war in Iraq is being handled. That is why all who have served have served, to protect that and other freedoms. After all, who is paying for all of this, the American tax payer.

I do not think anyone on here has attacked anyone serving in uniform. Again, that has nothing to do with the performance of this administration, which is average at best. Despite the fact that we have not been to the latest intelligence briefings, it is our nation fighting the war, and have the right to express opinions about how lives and money are being spent.

As was pointed out in another thread, it does no good to harp on past mistakes of this administration. They are quite clear, and have been repeated over and over. The question is, given present conditions, how are we going to solve the problem. My guess is that it will be charged to the next President to solve, and that is less than two years away.

3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Yes, I'm aware that you claim this special knowledge, but honestly, I don't believe you. I don't doubt that you might have "Top Secret" clearance, but I don't think that you would be privy to things as close to the top as you imply. People I have met who continually brag about having something, seldom actually have the goods to back up what they say.

4. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

My parents lived in Portland, NH at the time and I can assure you that there were German submarines off the coast. Not only that, an FBI man caught a German spy working in the hotel my father managed.

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

While they might have the right, common sense would dictate they refuse to exercise it since the vast majority of people have no clue what they are talking about. The problem with rights is the most people aren't wise enough to know when not to exercise them.

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Of course I did.

Yes, if the president of Iran declares war on the USA formally, not symbolically, then yes.

Are you taunting me by presuming I am one? That's hardly charitable.

7. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Yes their were germans subs, a few have been discovered off the coast of New Jersey.. No Germany did not sink one of our passanger liners( I attribute this to fuzzy thinking, not enough coffee or meds and a rush to get to work), I had that confused with the wrong war and the attack on the Lusitania which happened during the pre-WW1 era. However Germany did declare war on the U.S.

8. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

:laugh: :laugh: And Bush and Cheney do have a clue? :BangHead: "mission Accomplised"," Last Throes", "We will be greeted as liberators"

#48 Petra-O IX, Feb 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2007
  9. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come on Terry; you are always dogging me and we are practically neighbors.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That may or may not be true. But the point is, it is each American individual's decision, not mine, yours, or anyone elses.

As far as knowledge of the vast majority of Americans, what do you base the fact on that most do not have a clue? Your military experience?

11. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Good post. Thanks for expressing it so nicely.

12. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stick around. You'll find out.
    Biographers have a way of doing what some think is undoable.
    Like I said, the most honest, no-holds-barred, no-apologies book around, is the Bible.
    The most honest-no-holds-barred Author and Biographer, is God.

13. johnk48

johnk48 New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pastor Larry's response to the statement above--

Perzakly!

We are in the middle of a war whether we like it or not and directing hate towards our President is not helping us win but is, in fact, helping the very terrorists that want to cut our heads off.

We're not going to pull our troops out before the Iraq army is ready to handle those who would want to take over Iraq because if we left right now a few million Iraqies would be murdered by those wanting to take over. I hope we learned a lesson from Viet Nam when we did pull out prematurely and millions were murdered.
    The best thing Americans could do to get us out sooner rather than later is to present a united front and show an unshakable determination to win. Sharks go on a feeding frenzie when they smell blood and terrorists redouble their efforts when they smell weakness. When terrorists have victory they attack more because these evil creatures mean to have our heads one way or another. If our soldiers come home the terrosits will soon follow and reak havoc on American citizens. They love to kill and especially Jews and Christians, and especially in Israel and America.
    What would most likely happen to Iraq and to the citizens of America if we were to pull out right now? Are you willing to accept those consequences over staying the course? We need victory in Iraq in order to slow the terrorists down and to put a dent in their confidence. Victory in Iraq will not completely stop these fanatics, but it will help keep their terrorism at bay. Far more Americans will die if we pull out now than if we stay until the time is right. All this hate speech directed toward America's President, or our military, is really helping the terrorists get their job done. I do realize that many in America hate America and what it stands for and would love to see it loose any war. Are some of you in that camp?

14. redbelt

redbelt New Member

I guess I'm a bit confused... this thread starts out discussing the lack of support of Bush's family in joining the military. Does that somehow mean that if the president did have family members in Iraq serving in our military that you would then support his policy?
    NOPE. It's just another personal attack.
    Then when a servicemember who has servced his country for over 20 years makes a post on here, what is the response? "I was in the military card and know more than you" does not work here. This AF member never said he knows more than you, nor was he rude as far as I can tell. I believe he made a point. When history 20 years from now opens up the intelligence reports and we see what attacks were thwarted due to this president and those in congress who supported his policies, both democrats and republicans, some here may have to eat their words.

Everyone seems to say they support the troops, but I am starting to really doubt that. I am convinced that over the next year, troop hating will be the craze just as it was during Vietnam.
    When former or present military personnel offer opinions on here, I am starting to notice more hostility toward them in personal attacks. Oh well, it's much easier to be attacked with words then IEDs or rockets or mortars....oops, sorry, I guess my personal military experience isn't relevant - the military card doesn't work here.
    HOOAH!

15. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

"I dont believe you have knowledge I do"

"Your experience doesnt matter here"

Such statments are intended to shut down personal expressions of views just as anything else is. Quite frankly I find it rather hypocriticle to use such a tactic for the purpose of quieting an opposing view. And just who are you to declare what views and expressions of them do not work here? Rather arrogant as well.

16. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Did you look at the picture in the OP?

I would guess that at least 2/3's of those pictured are either too young or too old to serve.

But, that was not the point of my post as much as it was to say that, even of those who are of age to serve, the vast majority of Americans do not. Considering that only 1 out of every 77 eligible people actively serves in the military, it is not a stretch to imagine that the 25 or so eligible people in that Bush family photo are not in the military. Most of us would be in the same boat with a similar number of family members in a single photo.

#56 Bro. James Reed, Feb 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2007
  17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You totally miss the point. There are lots of people here who have been in the military, lots longer than you I would guess, and under much more severe circumstances. Judging from your birth date, I would say history has been very kind to you when it comes to war. You dont like my opinion, sorry about that. I am a free American, and earned my right to speak my mind. Your opinion is fine until it tries to stop others from expressing theirs.

I like the HOOAH, very effective.

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Some of the military experiences on this board are either non existent or exaggerated, I would guess, judging from what I experienced and seeing the words in the posts. The fact is that has nothing to do with every American's right to express an opinion.

#58 saturneptune, Feb 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2007
  19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You seem to leave out the fact that the troops are doing a fantastic job, and deserve competent leadership from the top, which is absent.

20. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Really and how do you know?