1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why does God allow bad things to happen to his people?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Dec 13, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. How long did it take her to completely heal from her injuries? The doctors have said after surgery up to 2 months, but that may be the number for a compete healing. She may be able to limp on her own without crutches soon.

2. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you showing a uncaring attitude for my wife and what happened?

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. That poster is insensitive to the needs of others.

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes she has surgery this thursday. We have watched some movies together and talked, however she seems tired often due to the pain medications that make her drowsy so her reading a book will be difficult. A book can make one drowsy, but a movie can keep them awake. It must be the lights and their Neuropsychology effects.

Sorry about your husband and sorry about the long-term effects. Thats tough living with that, but trials happen for a reason.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a crude thing to say. Would you walk into a hospital and start running your mouth? Would you do so in a nursing home ministry? If so you will be shown the door fast. You need to learn to be sensitive to others and learn the word compassion and what it means.

#25 evangelist6589, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
  6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [unnecessary callous remarks snipped]
    Get some perspective, preacher.

#26 Aaron, Dec 15, 2013
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry to hear about your wife. I pray she heals soon. This too shall pass.

8. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

evangelist, in my opinion for what it's worth you have a lot to learn. You say you believe a sovereign God, yet you question Him so much. Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared to the glory which shall be revealed in us. I use to set in church services years ago and hear people complain of having aches and pains, about bad weather and everything in between. The church I am attending now the pastors wife is probably dying of cancer, yet he does not question or blame God. His message is still the same, and that is, he praises God in all things. A family of this church lost one of their son's in a car wreck last week, he was not saved. The whole family was devastated, yet this morning the family was in church still praising God for His goodness toward them. A person that believes in a sovereign God never goes public with what you put on this board from time to time. Your whole OP question is a complaint against God. If you do not understand things in your life take it privately to God.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By the way David, a man after God's own heart and who believed in a sovereign God, often questioned God.

10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have a very bad attitude man. Did you go into your local hospital and start telling every patient in every room that they have got it easy, and to go to that website you mentioned?

#30 evangelist6589, Dec 15, 2013
  11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its not often that you say something edifying, but I appreciate this post, thanks.

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you read the Psalms? Have you read Job?

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's why I say get some perspective.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Trust me - they questioned. They cried out to God and asked "Why?????" They may have even had times that they got angry at Him. That's just what being a human being creates in us. But then we get to the end of ourselves and realize that this life stinks sometimes but God is still awesome and good. Then we move on.

When my daughter was diagnosed with a pancreatic tumor at 21 years old, you bet your bippy I questioned why and screamed at God. I just did it in the privacy of my car driving home from the hospital at 1 am. Everyone commented on how at peace I was and what a testimony I was. But for a time, inside I was just what one might say was a terrible testimony. But I'm a mom and this was my baby. That was my natural, gut response.

15. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Your question was, why does God allow bad things to happen to his people ? Can we say that anything that God does is bad ? Is not God the first cause of everything that happens ? Many things are allowed by God through second causes, but all things must first come from or through the hands of God. ALL THINGS work together for GOOD to them that love God, Rom 8:28. David and Job did question God. God's people do question Him sometimes, but does it make it right to question God just because Job and David did ? Did God praise David and Job because they questioned him ? We can go so far in questioning God till it becomes a complaint against God and then it becomes sin.

16. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is your daughter okay?

17. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
    12 For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare, even so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them. Ecc 9

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

She is now but we really thought we were going to lose her. If you want to read the whole story - and what I think was the purpose in her getting sick, you can see here: http://lifeonthesound.blogspot.com/2011/05/solid-pseudopapillary-neoplasm.html

But she's doing great now and is a substitute teacher in a local school district. She's been very healthy and has only had two small fevers (she needs to go on antibiotics immediately with a fever since she lost her spleen and cannot fight infection as well). Praise God, she's a walking testimony.

19. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sufferings, trials, tribulations are the coals of fire by which God brings out the pure gold from His people, corporately (to borrow a hater's word.:laugh:) and individually.
    He allowed Christ, His only begotten Son, to suffer the things He did,, and Christ learned obedience.

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

HUH? Christ "learned" obedience???