1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why even Republicans think Clinton won the first debate

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    THE BIG IDEA: The consensus that Donald Trump badly lost the first debate gelled overnight.Liberals predictably panned the GOP nominee’s performance on Long Island, but some of the harshest reviews are coming from conservative thought leaders who had been starting to come around.

-- Instant reaction:

Republican pollster Frank Luntz conducted a focus group of undecided voters in Pennsylvania. Sixteen said Hillary Clinton won. Five picked Trump, perCBS News.

In a Florida focus group organized byCNN, 18 of 20 undecided voters picked Clinton as the winner.

Not one of 29 undecided voters in an Ohio focus group organized by Park Street Strategies thought Trump prevailed, while 11 picked Clinton and the rest said neither. By a two-to-one margin, the group thought Clinton had the better tone and, by a three-to-one margin, they thought she came across as more knowledgeable candidate on the issues.

A CNN/ORC flash poll found that 62 percent said the Democrat won, compared to 27 percent who picked Trump. That’s on par with 2012, when Mitt Romney was seen as the winner of the first debate.

In a separate instant-poll from the Democratic firmPublic Policy Polling, 51 percent said Clinton won and 40 percent picked Trump.

Eight in 10 insiders in the key battleground states thought Clinton performed better, including 57 percent of Republicans, according to thePolitico Caucus survey.

-- Trump’s surrogates in the spin room were downbeat, and the candidate himself has already begun making excuses:“They gave me a defective mic,” he complained to reporters during a gaggle. “Did you notice that? My mic was defective within the room. I wonder, was that on purpose?” There was no clear problem with his microphone during the debate,Jose DelReal notes.

Trump was supposed to stop by the Nassau County Republican Committee’s watch party on his way home. He skipped it.Clinton, meanwhile, celebrated with hundreds of supporters in Westbury.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...on-the-first-debate/57e9b033e9b69b3019a1e037/

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which campaign attacked the moderator? Whoever did this is the loser of the debate.

(and I haven't heard if either campaign has attacked the moderator, just throwing out the possibility.)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Republicans think she won because she clearly did. It wasn't even close. The crazy polls that are popping up that show Trump as having won are an indication of public partisanship and folks who would have said their candidate won no matter what.

Just like it was easy to see that the Christ rejecting Mormon won the first debate against Obama, it was easier to see that Clinton won the debate last night.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hillary Wins YAY! :Roflmao

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was no moderator, just another Hillary shill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Lester Holt is a registered Republican. After months and months of letting him slide, it's about time somebody threw him (DT) something other than softballs.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again its not a question of winning but performance.

Many folks probably saw the Donald perform for the first time two nights ago and in spite of the left nay-sayers he performed marvelously as he always has. He was loud, brash, uncourteous and interrupting.

BUT, its what those who are anti-establishment LOVE because he does it in an anti-establishment venue.

The left sided candidate looks and behaves as if she descended from the wax museum of old and stagnated policies which is fine for the over 50 group. She was well manicured but stiff and robotic in here presentation.

IMO she has lost the Bernie orphans even after his impassioned appeal to come home to daddy and vote for Hillary.

Where will they go? your guess is a good as mine.
    They are not going to vote for Hillary.

HankD